Left Sprint and joined At&t

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
After talking with Sprint for several days, they finally told me that there GSM being a Spark LTD trip band phone will auto default to 3G network because it's a single antena phone.. mine was on Lte every now and then but mostly just 3g... they told me there was no fix in the immediate future... Sprint said they have been aware of the issue for a while, even before the launch but still launched it anyway... I've been with Sprint for 10 years so it was tough to leave....
But let me tell you, I couldn't be happier with AT&T! !! There LTE is blazing fast and 100 times more reliable than Sprint's was.. matter of fact, my GS5 has never left LTE!!!!!!! just thought I would share in case other Sprint users are having problems with there GS5 and LTE connectivity.

Posted via Android Central App

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If I knew how to post a pic to this tread I would show some speed test comparisons between Spark LTE and At&t LTE.

joehp1

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, after 20 plus years with Sprint, and many promises of "new" networks and increased speeds, I too left them. I went with Verizon. I needed an Airave to even get service in my own house. Whenever we traveled my friends on Verizon always had 4g, where I could not even get 3G! My battery was always running down, searching for their network "signals"! I even saved $20 per month by switching. I am really enjoying continuos 4g service...new experience for me!

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was with Sprint for about 10 years too & had issues with service. It was frustrating & got tired of always being promised new and faster networks. Sure they were pretty cheap but what was the point of paying for what I had when I couldn't even use the services. I kept dropping calls, texts wouldn't come through, I wouldn't even get phone calls at times & I have a kid in school. My biggest worry was not getting a call from my son's school because he was sick. I left Sprint for Verizon and couldn't be happier. No dropped calls or missed texts. 4G is super fast...so fast that I was able to download my apps on 4G in a matter of a few minutes. I never looked back

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Txchas

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I left Sprint after more than 10 years and went to AT&T also. Their Spark coverage maps of Houston show complete coverage when the truth is that you are luck
to find it at all. They did the same thing with their LTE rollout. The maps showed LTE everywhere when it was extremely spotty at best. It took close to a year for the
LTE coverage to get close to available. It is still slow with spotty coverage. I am not willing to go through that again waiting on Spark. AT&T is a fantastic by comparison.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll take my Sprint anyday over AT&T where I live. Girlfriend has them and my speeds are consistently faster than hers.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was with them for a little while.. To many promises without seeing results. The 3g was horrid slow so.. Left to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.

Now if only I could come into alot of cash and buy the S5 and M8...:p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Megacow

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been forced to give up on Sprint as well.
Since they started the 4G rollout in my area I've had nothing but problems.
I have a couple of phone systems I need to call into for my work and neither one will respond to touchtones while I'm on the Sprint network, when I roam on Verizon it works fine. It wasn't too bad at first but now it's consistent and it's been over 6 months with this. So I called them up and they finally admitted they're having an issue with DTMF and they have no estimated time to fix it.
Then there was the week of a messed up tower in the area rebooting phones and not allowing calls, Sprint is claiming there's no problem yet my wife and other people on Sprint in the area are reporting problems.
Add that on top of the constant dropped calls, and it's too much.

My phone shows up this week, it's on to Verizon. I'll pay my contact cancellation to Sprint, I don't care anymore. May they rot in hell.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have sprint for the last 5 years. I am happy with them. Now that network vision is mostly complete in my area I couldn't be happier.

Why would I pay more, and lose unlimited data. And go to a worse carrier.

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I went from AT&T to T-Mobile, I couldn't be happier. I get service in my home which I never had with AT&T. The LTE is way faster as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have sprint for the last 5 years. I am happy with them. Now that network vision is mostly complete in my area I couldn't be happier.

Why would I pay more, and lose unlimited data. And go to a worse carrier.

Well you shouldn't if it is worse for you.. But for most the other carriers aren't worse. Like I went to T-Mobile.. Bill is now ~25 dollars cheaper (Sprint at the time was 94 after taxes and it's now 70 after taxes) and I still keep unlimited.

Carriers are highly dependent on your area.. Hence why two people can have drastically different experience with the same network :).

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well you shouldn't if it is worse for you.. But for most the other carriers aren't worse. Like I went to T-Mobile.. Bill is now ~25 dollars cheaper (Sprint at the time was 94 after taxes and it's now 70 after taxes) and I still keep unlimited.

Carriers are highly dependent on your area.. Hence why two people can have drastically different experience with the same network :).

where i am at coverage is pretty much the same between, att,verzion, and sprint

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
where i am at coverage is pretty much the same between, att,verzion, and sprint

Then you are good to go. You are some of the few who get to benefit from Network Vision. Sadly I waited and even though they had LTE popping up .... 6 months after I saw LTE the first time I could only get it in a very few other places around town... Couldn't wait any longer. My normal 3g speeds were horrible so nothing I could do.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Then you are good to go. You are some of the few who get to benefit from Network Vision. Sadly I waited and even though they had LTE popping up .... 6 months after I saw LTE the first time I could only get it in a very few other places around town... Couldn't wait any longer. My normal 3g speeds were horrible so nothing I could do.

I don't blame you. 2 months ago is when i finally had LTE everywhere i go.

i get an average of about 8 mbps down. fast enough for me, will get better when we get band 41. I only really need it at work. at home i use wifi.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I loved AT&T, but I hate tiered DATA plans.

I left AT&T for Sprint and I'm very happy. On Sprint, I have LTE at home, at work and the entire ride in-between. I stream Google Play Music online the entire 30 minute ride to work and the 30 minute ride home from work - hasn't gotten cut off or interrupted yet. I don't have a single music file on my phone - I stream everything off the "clouds".

Sprint's ideal for me. I got nothing against AT&T's quality - it's just those tiered DATA plans that killed it for me. $10 for every GB over your cap - no thanks. $80 a month for unlimited everything is good for me.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
At the top of your phone. It usually will show "4G LTE".

I presume we can see it only when making a phone call. When the S5 is not on the telephone, I don't see it. However, it does make and receive calls.

I have bluetooth enabled and it trumps LTE if it is able to function. I presume, when bluetooth is handling communications, then LTE is totally off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos