Security policy updates

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am constantly getting notifications about setting my security policy updates.

I have it unchecked, why does it constantly bug me (beyond the obvious) ?

Can I disable this ?

Or is there a place where the updates are described ?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is it the security update that is looking for, or the push to get you to set some sort of lock screen security?

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would email Samsung and ask. It may be a way to check apps, etc. I noticed Lookout was draining my battery and causing wake lock issues. I turned it off. Two days in a row it killed my battery by over 50% when sitting idle on my desk at work.

TTF

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
See What is SE for Android?

These Security Updates have *something* to do with KNOX. The tagline is "Lock down your Android!" Well, I'm not too interested in "locking down" my phone. Rather the opposite: I'm already hacked off that my phone got bootlocked when I upgraded to 4.3. So I am not too thrilled about being repeatedly nagged to turn on some sort of SAMSUNG security thing that they refuse to explain beyond "It monitors your software and tells Samsung if there's a problem." Big Brother, is that you?

Worse, no matter how many times you hit Decline, it will just keep nagging. Hey, guys, it's a checkbox. It's not checked. There's your answer.

Continuing in this vein, I don't run KNOX. My phone is not a corporate phone. It has no corporate software, and no employer's IT department needs access to my phone. If KNOX is a way to have two separate and protected-from-each-other "profiles", "memory spaces", "images", or what have you, AND I'M NOT USING IT, then why do I need to download the security updates it uses?

Methinks there's more to KNOX than just an option to make Samsung phones running Android friendly for corporations concerned with industrial espionage. It sounds more like Samsung wants to make really, really sure you can only run software that Samsung likes.

So... does anybody know how to get rid of these annoying messages telling you to "accept automatic security updates" where "Accept" means "yes", and "Decline" is interpreted as "maybe"?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you.
I never accepted any updates on my Galaxy S.

It worked just fine the day I got it, and it is still working just fine w/o any extra baggage being added to it.

Here is my update screen. I think you and I are on the "same page" when it comes to updates.

Attachments

• Updates.jpg
    Updates.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 22

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
See What is SE for Android?

These Security Updates have *something* to do with KNOX. The tagline is "Lock down your Android!" Well, I'm not too interested in "locking down" my phone. Rather the opposite: I'm already hacked off that my phone got bootlocked when I upgraded to 4.3. So I am not too thrilled about being repeatedly nagged to turn on some sort of SAMSUNG security thing that they refuse to explain beyond "It monitors your software and tells Samsung if there's a problem." Big Brother, is that you?

Worse, no matter how many times you hit Decline, it will just keep nagging. Hey, guys, it's a checkbox. It's not checked. There's your answer.

Continuing in this vein, I don't run KNOX. My phone is not a corporate phone. It has no corporate software, and no employer's IT department needs access to my phone. If KNOX is a way to have two separate and protected-from-each-other "profiles", "memory spaces", "images", or what have you, AND I'M NOT USING IT, then why do I need to download the security updates it uses?

Methinks there's more to KNOX than just an option to make Samsung phones running Android friendly for corporations concerned with industrial espionage. It sounds more like Samsung wants to make really, really sure you can only run software that Samsung likes.

So... does anybody know how to get rid of these annoying messages telling you to "accept automatic security updates" where "Accept" means "yes", and "Decline" is interpreted as "maybe"?

Any solutions for disabling this?

EDIT: Found it in a different forum. If your phone is rooted...

How to disable the annoying Security Update Notification
Using Titanium Backup look for the app "Security policy updates SPD_v2_1402_4_1" and freeze it