4K video playback is slow

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello, new to Androids and have a quick question. So I have messed around a little bit with setting the video recording to 4K and just shot a short clip just to see it in action. When I play the video back it seems to play back in slow motion and the radio that was playing in the background seems to cut out for about half a second every few seconds. Is this because the file size is so large and the phone is struggling to play it back? It was only like a 8 second video so I wouldn't think that would be the case, if it was a 4 minute video then I could possibly see that happening. Also I saw a video clip (I think it was the M8) and they were showing a demo of shooting in 4K and then they could edit it and you could adjust portions of the time line to go to slow motion and then back to standard motion, is this possible with the S5 4K video? Thanks for any tips/suggestions you may have!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Would anyone mind testing this out for me on their phone? In the settings for video change it to UHD and do a short clip like 8 seconds and pan around a room and then check the playback to see if the video seems like it's in slow motion or choppy. Just want to see if I have an issue with my phone and need to exchange it or not as I'm getting close to that time period. Thanks, it is greatly appreciated!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
ok, thanks for testing it. May need to exchange it then as I've powered the phone off a few times and tried everything else I can think of but the playback is slow and kind of choppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol