Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Streaming

One1djack

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung GS5 has been working great. I was able to pair my Bluetooth successfully to my car stereo with no issues and stream music.
As of two days ago, it quit working. The device pairs with the stereo on both phone and media connections. But no sounds will stream through the stereo.
I have unpaired and re-paired the Bluetooth and its successful but it will not stream any Bluetooth sounds what so ever from the phone to the stereo.
I have all volumes turned up on the phone and on the radio. no change.
Anyone else run into this? Its really odd. My old GS3 will pair and stream with no issue to the radio.
Thanks.:-\

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung GS5 has been working great. I was able to pair my Bluetooth successfully to my car stereo with no issues and stream music.
As of two days ago, it quit working. The device pairs with the stereo on both phone and media connections. But no sounds will stream through the stereo.
I have unpaired and re-paired the Bluetooth and its successful but it will not stream any Bluetooth sounds what so ever from the phone to the stereo.
Anyone else run into this? Its really odd. My old GS3 will pair and stream with no issue to the radio.

I noticed this issue the last few days. Exactly as you are. I unparied and repaired, i can control the functions on my care radio (pause/skip/play) but the audio only comes through my phone and not my car speakers.

I have a 14 honda accord).

One1djack

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I also have hard booted the phone with battery pull. No change. I have not had a chance to try pairing with a bluetooth speaker yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
i dont have a s5 but i have experience similar stuff with my s3 and old note 10.1.... at least with the info that you described. Have you tried deleting the saved information for the linked blutooth device. I found unpairing and repairing to be unhelpful but going into the settings and deleting previously paired devices then establishing a fresh connection between the two helped. Also sometimes for me the app itself is the limiting factor. Like, google play music has an option or toggle to send music to the linked device rather playing it out the phone.. make sure its selected.

I doubt i helped but ummmmmm..... yeaaaa...

One1djack

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I found the fix for me. I am still not sure what triggered this but here is what I noticed and what resolved it for me.
When Bluetooth is on and it pairs to my stereo, I see that it is pairs with first a message that it paired with phone, then after a bit that it paired with phone and media. This is the way it should be. You want to make sure it pairs with both phone and media. But... even though it was pairing with both phone and media, it really was not. When I clicked on the settings (gear) icon, and that device settings opened up, it showed that the call audio was paired but that the media audio was not. (I got there by pressing and holding on the Bluetooth symbol util it opened my Bluetooth settings.)

Once I put the check mark in there for both, everything started working as it should. Here are the screenshots.
bluetooth1.jpgbluetooth2.jpg

I hope this works our for someone else.

puentee91

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. My S3 paired perfectly with my 2014 Honda but my new S5 doesn't and it's driving me crazy. It plays music and I can take phone calls fine but when ever I get a text, the message doesn't show on my car screen. Instead I get a message that says something like "This feature unsupported". I can deal with not seeing my texts on the screen but when I'm streaming music, if I reply to a text through my phone it disconnects the Bluetooth which stops the music and it takes about a minute to reconnect itself and start playing again. This is what is frustrating. I don't want my bluetooth/music to stop and skip every time I text someone back through my phone. Can anyone help?
:-\

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. My S3 paired perfectly with my 2014 Honda but my new S5 doesn't and it's driving me crazy. It plays music and I can take phone calls fine but when ever I get a text, the message doesn't show on my car screen. Instead I get a message that says something like "This feature unsupported". I can deal with not seeing my texts on the screen but when I'm streaming music, if I reply to a text through my phone it disconnects the Bluetooth which stops the music and it takes about a minute to reconnect itself and start playing again. This is what is frustrating. I don't want my bluetooth/music to stop and skip every time I text someone back through my phone. Can anyone help?
:-\

It my issue seems to be working fine at least the streaming music now. It wont read when you care is in motion or not in park/neutral (MT). I think your car will have to be full stop for it to show on the screen. Just happened on my way home, my streaming from my phone (music files) my music did not stop or pause while replying. It did fade out/stop when my notification sound came on, but came right back on. I would try to unpair then repair, hopefully the issue will fix on its own. Good luck

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in the other bluetooth thread but here it is for this thread:

To stream media from my Galaxy S5 to the UConnect system in my car:

Pair A Bluetooth Streaming Audio Device:

? Touch the ?Player? soft-key to begin,
? Change the Source to Bluetooth,
? Touch the ?Bluetooth? soft-key,

? Touch the ?Add Device? soft-key,

This is how to stream music from the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the UConnect system in many modern cars. It is probably similar in other systems.

candyperfumegirl

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxys5 stopped streaming my music. I have deleted my old iPhone 4s, paired and unpaired numerous times, with success. It will play a song, I use the control on my stereo or steering wheel to go to another song, and it stops playing, gets stuck. It has also stopped displaying the artist, song, and album on the stereo screen. It will no longer play music at all. I'm about to go back to Verizon and exchange this for an iPhone 5s because my Bluetooth in my stereo worked better with the iPhone.. I have a 2012 Toyota Camry, the owners manual reference only to iPod and iPhone Bluetooth car media issues.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also use Double Twist to sync my music to the Galaxys5. Maybe that has something to do with this issue.

DroidBitch

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Similar problem w Bose Mini Soundlink (wow) and S5:
They pair easily and usually work, but sometimes they connect, the Bose bleeps, the S5 mutes for a second, then carries on playing music from its internal speaker.
In the S5 BT settings, the Bose shows as connected and ticked for audio streaming.
Various problems w trying to do a Mini Soundlink FW update...
Temporarily solved by restarting S5...
:mad:

I connect to my own and a friend's Bose Mini so rename them on the phone to distinguish. I sometimes wonder if the Androids or Boses are getting confused by the renaming or pairing to 2 almost identical speakers...

Last edited:

Oscar Khotakoune

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi i have a similar issue but its a little different. My bluetooth speaker isnt playing my music from my S3 and i made sure that both call audio and media audio were on which they were. I also unpaired it several times, tried to mess around with the bluetooth speaker itself and nothing works. Any idea what i can do? Thanks

AAAUneekGirl

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi i'm having this same problem. I tried everything you suggested and even called samsung tech support to no avail. any other suggestions other than waiting?

Thanks

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I found the fix for me. I am still not sure what triggered this but here is what I noticed and what resolved it for me.
When Bluetooth is on and it pairs to my stereo, I see that it is pairs with first a message that it paired with phone, then after a bit that it paired with phone and media. This is the way it should be. You want to make sure it pairs with both phone and media. But... even though it was pairing with both phone and media, it really was not. When I clicked on the settings (gear) icon, and that device settings opened up, it showed that the call audio was paired but that the media audio was not. (I got there by pressing and holding on the Bluetooth symbol util it opened my Bluetooth settings.)

Once I put the check mark in there for both, everything started working as it should. Here are the screenshots.
View attachment 114233View attachment 114234

I just looked at the settings for my paired car bluetooth & it lists "use for phone audio" but not the "use for media audio" option. Does this mean my car doesn't support media over bluetooth, only phone audio?

Bamboo Scramble

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 114233View attachment 114234

cantmakeitwork

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S5 with Sprint carrier, I tried to stream music files in my phone via the my car bluetooth. Although the phone is paired with my van bluetooth, I can only make/receive calls but not stream music.
I checked the pairing and it seems to be fine for "Call audio" but I do not see any option for "Media audio". I waited for a few a minute or so...thinking it would come up with the option for me to check the box but it did not.
Any help here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463