Audio out through USB

Jason Grosser

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
So it doesn't look like the S5 supports USB audio out.. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue?... or could it be amended with a software update in the future?

or are there any apps or widgets that can get it working?

thx

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So it doesn't look like the S5 supports USB audio out.. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue?... or could it be amended with a software update in the future?

or are there any apps or widgets that can get it working?

thx

Are you talking about in your car?

displacedtexan

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This went away with Android 3.0.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

False.... It's just that it's not supported by ROMs.

It will take a custom ROM (that doesn't exist for the phone)...

But it works great for the first gen Nexus 7, so it's still technically possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
False.... It's just that it's not supported by ROMs.

It will take a custom ROM (that doesn't exist for the phone)...

But it works great for the first gen Nexus 7, so it's still technically possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not false. In Android 3.0 they switched to MTP, there are only a handful of cars that will support this. Most manufacturers decided to use Bluetooth only instead.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RemyL75

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If Audio out went away with Android 3.0, then the Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 all run a lower version of Android lol

Starting with the Galaxy S5, the version of Android 4.4.2 that Samsung uses removed most of the options in the "Accessory" section in settings. The missing options are what governed sound being heard through a Dock connection (USB). I proved this when i installed a custom ROM on the Note 3 that is a nearly complete direct port of the Stock ROM for the S5. on other ROMs that I have used (that aren't based on Stock S5), the options are intact. If i find a solution, I will post it here. I really like the new ROM, but I cannot use my iBolt dock now because of the missing options.

aeturbo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this? I think some people confuse the issue. Not talking about a usb connection where files can be seen by a device, but an actual usb analog audio output. So as not needing to use 2 cables, usb to charge, 1/8" cable for audio. I hate having 2 cables, and having a "line-out" audio connection is much better. Can't believe Samsung got rid of this!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante