NFC turning off by itself...

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? Over the past few days I noticed NFC turned off when I had it on. At first I thought I might have accidentally triggered the toggle but today, I am 100 percent certain that it turned off without me intervening at all. And my battery was at about 40 percent.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems that my device does the same... I have about 5% battery, maybe that's why?

The panda has spoken

I do believe under power settings that when the S5 hits a low percentage, it disables stuff but at 40 percent, that does not seem right...

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that my device does the same... I have about 5% battery, maybe that's why?

The panda has spoken

I do believe under power settings that when the S5 hits a low percentage, it disables stuff but at 40 percent, that does not seem right...

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am glad I am not the only one having that issue. My phone keeps doing the same thing despite the fact I have no power saving features on.

Last edited:

telveer

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Happens with my VZW S5 too. Very annoying, to say the least. I don't have power management enabled and my phone is never below 50% battery.Please let us know if anyone is aware of a fix

Ayhanboy

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. It should be a big or something else but i am almost sure it is not about the battery saving. It was turned off at 55 percentage. I thing it is getting off when i am charging. If anyone find a solution please let us know.

marshvegas1

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have done everything to try and find a solution with this same problem. My S5 is an AT&T model, and also my girlfriend has a Sprint version and still nothing as well. Hopefully something soon..

DarshOne

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
my vzw S5 loves to spontaneously turn NFC off, despite no power saving features, and no access to the NFC toggle thru quick toggles in pull down menu, and a lock screen with a password (not happening in my pocket). ive also noticed it loves to spontaneously call people from my texting app. its getting old.

CJ Deaton

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Your phone will call what ever contact is on the screen when you put your phone to your ear like your making a call or if you cover the sensor like you would when putting your phone to your ear. This will happen when in messages or the contact is pulled up.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
What applications are you using that require NFC being on? I use it for ISIS Wallet and that is it.

One solution may be to clear cach and data for the applications that you are using it for.

Clear cache
Clear data
Force stop

Restart the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my AT&T S5. I actually set a profile through Tasker to alert me when NFC gets toggled off.
I know Tasker isn't triggering it because my phone isn't rooted, and root is required (along with Secure Settings) to toggle NFC.
It appears to toggle off only when the screen is on (both on the lock screen and within any apps/home screens), but NCR stays on when I use the camera from the lock screen.
It doesn't happen often, but it is quite annoying...

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, happens to me too. I thought I was accidently turning it off myself.

Posted on my conviently, convient Galaxy tab 3 7.0 via Android Central App