s5 Hotspot widget

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing it, but can't find a hot spot widget either on my phone, nor on Google play. There are plenty of Hotspot widgets on play but none that I've tried work with the s5.

Posted via Android Central App

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It took me a while to figure this out as well. Hotspot is buried in the settings menu under more networks.

It's rather a hassle compared to other phones I've dealt with. I'm looking for some kind of widget or shortcut to enable and disable it quickly.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing it, but can't find a hot spot widget either on my phone, nor on Google play. There are plenty of Hotspot widgets on play but none that I've tried work with the s5.

At least with T-Mobile, the Hotspot widget is one of the only 2 Settings Widgets available, the other one is Torch.

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I found the Hotspot itself, but use mine everyday so would love to have a home screen widget

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I found the Hotspot itself, but use mine everyday so would love to have a home screen widget

Did you check the Settings Widgets? Like I said. at least with T-Mobile, it's one of the ony 2 available.

OTRTexan

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
No settings widget with Verizon. The My Verizon widget doesn't have it. I tried several from Google play but none work for the s5. I'm sure eventually someone will make one.

DrewF

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Are Verizon s5 ' the only ones with this issue?

No, my AT&T S5 is the same way. It is annoying me to no end....
I've tried 8-10 widgets from Play store, NFC tags, Tasker, and cursing it out; nothing works except going into settings.

If you use Nova launcher you can get a shortcut right to the settings page where the On/Off toggle is at least.
Long press home screen->shortcuts->activities (Nova only option?)->settings->Tethering and WifI Hotspot.

Last edited:

eatoncdjr

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Download Power toggles app.
Add widget to home screen.
Modify widget by clicking add.
Add WiFi hotspot item.
Click done in upper left corner.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
No, my AT&T S5 is the same way. It is annoying me to no end....
I've tried 8-10 widgets from Play store, NFC tags, Tasker, and cursing it out; nothing works except going into settings.

If you use Nova launcher you can get a shortcut right to the settings page where the On/Off toggle is at least.
Long press home screen->shortcuts->activities (Nova only option?)->settings->Tethering and WifI Hotspot.

My AT&T has a Mobile Hotspot icon that takes me right to it just fine.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Download Power toggles app.
Add widget to home screen.
Modify widget by clicking add.
Add WiFi hotspot item.
Click done in upper left corner.

I'm on Verizon and Power Toggles does work just fine.

In my case though, I will not pay those dirty birds an extra $40/month to access the Hotspot,

so,

I installed FoxFi and it works just fine, thank you maam.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
You don't have that widget on the bottom right corner of my home screen?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1403352179388.jpg
    1403352179388.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
You can get nova launcher prime and set a gesture to launch the hot spot feature. I use the double tap to launch mine. Might be your best bet since Nova prime has a lot more useful features.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You can get nova launcher prime and set a gesture to launch the hot spot feature. I use the double tap to launch mine. Might be your best bet since Nova prime has a lot more useful features.

+1 If you're not a fan of HD Widgets, Nova Prime is the best option.

I rarely use it now that I have my 64GB iPad Air LTE but back then I use HD Widgets' 4x1 set up.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So no one reading this gets confused: the HD Widgets hotspot features do NOT work with the Verizon GS5. They open the Tethering page; Hotspot is not available from here.

EDIT: I can confirm that Power Toggles works correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power