07-28-2018 08:17 AM
72 123
tools
    for those who want to check speed and authenticity of cards check this out

H2testw 1.4 Gold Standard In Detecting USB Counterfeit Drives SOSFakeFlash
    04-28-2014 06:50 PM
    where do you see yours song covers? on the phone? my songs just have a blank image.
    Some of my song covers get loaded automatically, but most are downloaded with music that doesn't have tags for the phone to find the cover art. I use itag from Playstore. (tried the others, this works the best for me. It crashes once in a while, but it still is better than the others I've tried.)
    cjohnson421 likes this.
    04-28-2014 06:59 PM
    My errors appears to be happening on photos saved to my SD card. I too have a Samsung pro 64 gig micro sdxc card. I bought it from Amazon so I'm hoping it's not a fake. I ordered 2 cards, one for a friend, and she's not having any issues on her s5. I've reformatted the card and have the same issues. Latest picture turned grey after 1 day. When I get my phone replacement I'll see if it is the card or SD card.
    Is your S5 with Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-28-2014 06:59 PM
    I'm so glad it was the card for you as well. I must say I bought my failed card from Best Buy retail and it was bad too (I didn't ever speed test it though) and I bought my replacement Sandisk Ultra Plus from Best Buy too and thankfully that one is working great and so fast, love it. I'm so glad it wasn't our phones!!!
    cjohnson421 likes this.
    04-28-2014 07:01 PM
    Gosh yesterday I bought supposedly "geniune" 3.0, 2.0 chargers and extra usb cords from Amazon, hope they work!!!!
    04-28-2014 07:03 PM
    Is your S5 with Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    My s5 is with Sprint, and CJohnson421 has a Note 3 I think.
    04-28-2014 07:07 PM
    Update: have taken lots of pics with new card (Sandisc 64GB Ultra) and all photos have appeared fine, no cut offs, no boxes.Good to go!
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-02-2014 01:43 PM
    Has anyone recovered the greyed out pictures and videos? if so how? I traced mine to a counterfit scandisk card as the source
    06-29-2014 05:09 PM
    Has anyone recovered the greyed out pictures and videos? if so how? I traced mine to a counterfit scandisk card as the source
    I wasn't able to recover the ones already grayed out. But my new card, SanDisk ultra plus, is still working perfect. (Bought at best buy).
    I hope someone recovered theirs and tells you how, sorry I just deleted mine.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-29-2014 05:41 PM
    I had this happen with a Lexar card. A few photos got grey boxes over them and then some completely disappeared.
    I returned the card and got a SanDisk one, so hopefully it's better.
    08-06-2014 01:15 PM
    I had this happen with a Lexar card. A few photos got grey boxes over them and then some completely disappeared.
    I returned the card and got a SanDisk one, so hopefully it's better.

I use 64gb sandisk ultra genuine class 10. Before update the software. It didnt happen. After i update it happend. So i save in internal storage.
    Maybe i try to change the sdcard and try it.
    08-11-2014 08:00 PM
    So far my SanDisk is working great, so we'll see!
    RionDunn likes this.
    08-12-2014 07:38 PM
    So far my SanDisk is working great, so we'll see!
    My SanDisk has been working great for months! Love it! Knock on wood.
    08-20-2014 08:22 AM
    The problem with the grey boxes have showed up on both my wife's and my Galaxy S5 phone. It appears to be somewhat random. It occurred before I installed any SD card into my phone and has continued on both phones, one with an SD card and one without. Although most are grey boxes, I have random size boxes with one with a green box and one with a black box. The picture comes up without the box and within less than a second puts the box over top of the pic. A "techie: at the phone company had me transfer all the pics to the SD card which caused about 50% of the pics I had stored on the camera to show up with grey boxes when transferred to the SD storage. They suggested exchanging the phone for a new one. The people at T-Mobile are clueless as to the cause.
    08-25-2014 11:17 AM
    I have the same problem. It happens to. 50 % of photos usually within a week of taking the photo. My 2nd phone didn't t developed the problem until 2 months old. Just had a replacement ] hone received 2 weeks ago. It has the same problem too.
    09-07-2014 08:22 AM
    I have the same problem with the grey area over some pictures. I do not have a SD card installed so that is not the problem. My wife's S5 has the same problem. T-Mobile does not have a clue on what the problem is. Definitely don't go to Verizon and buy a new SD card, they are clueless too, just trying to sell you expensive stuff. I just tried to send a picture to Facebook using the S5 and it added the grey box. This means that the grey box issue is likely related to a software issue in the photo/gallery interface. I repeat, do not buy a new SD card. Unfortunately, the issue may in the bios and can only be fixed by Samsung or by returning it for a new phone.
    09-07-2014 12:01 PM
    I have the same issue and have exchanged the phone 2x once before the 30 days store warranty (T-Mobile ) ran out
    and once again this September both times New Phones still the same issue on all 3
    when I contacted customer support (PHONE #2)and told them what was going on of course they have never heard of this issue so after going through the diagnosis process I was told they will exchange out the phone my reply was I do not want a refurbished phone they told me that they cant guaranty it would not be so they proceeded to tell me the phone I was going to receive would not have the back cover or battery so its there was of saying that it is refurbished I pushed the issue and spoke to a manager and told them that I DO NOT WANT A REFURBUSIED PHONE.
    So after about 43 min they told me I will be getting a new phone got the new phone so I got the new phone got a new Samsung memory card
    and started to use the camera and surprise there it is again the weird thing is when you see the picture in the lower part of the photo gallery
    there is no gray bay but when you tap on it to expand it the gray box is there or some times you will get this black picture with a icon on it witch is letting you know the picture is corrupted also it happens on the video mode you will get the video file to you computer and it will only play a third
    of the way and you get a message the file is not supported I am sure they are aware of the issue but Samsung is taking a blind eye to it just like all the other overseas company like Toyota
    my s-3 camera worked every time my son uses it all the time no issue and to make matter worse I took my son shooting for the first time and all the video was corrupted so it look like I will be going to apple the first chance I get unless Samsung comes out with a software fix
    10-18-2014 07:31 AM
    Thanks so much for sharing your find. I am so glad I ran across this forum, as it has now solved my issues with my Samsung Note 3 camera. It was my SD card, as well!
    10-31-2014 02:01 PM
    I'm not crazy sure there is a correlation, but when I switched the picture size setting on the camera from 16m to 6m it stopped actively corrupting the photos (naturally can't recover what is already corrupted) it was like my phone couldn't recognize the resolution that the camera was using.
    11-24-2014 12:13 AM
    thats 3 of us. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they are stumped. Told me to go to store and get a card there.

My next attempt at troubleshooting is to test the INTERNAL memory of the phone and not use the external card. Then see if that causes same issues. From what you are saying DiamonRanch, I am now worried about it doing it there too. So far nothing.

Wondering if the image optimization software is corrupting the files? Perhaps the feature that enhances the low light pics? There has to be some common denominator in the files that are corrupting? I really do NOT want to swap the phone 2-3 times and still have same issue..
    12-07-2014 11:46 AM
    I've used two sd cards. One came up saying damaged. This was not a branded card so thought I would get a Samsung card..made sense.
    I've had a few of these grey box pics and pics coming up overlapped.
    could anyone recommend a decent sd card to use in this phone.
    I changed from a iPhone due to not being able to have memory cards.
    12-08-2014 05:21 PM
    It always happened on all our samsungs. Sd card did nothing.
    It happened to me in average to low light so i thought i might as well use the flash in that situation.No more weird colours.
    12-08-2014 09:04 PM
    Unfortunately, I had my drop box set to only synch on WIFI - so all of my pictures are completely gone that I took on the first day of my vacation. I guess word to the wise is burn in the card before taking pictures you care about.

My pictures seemed fine at first. It was when I tried to text one to my daughter that the grey box first appeared - THEN - all of the pictures I had taken became completely corrupt.
    12-23-2014 06:36 PM
    I'm not crazy sure there is a correlation, but when I switched the picture size setting on the camera from 16m to 6m it stopped actively corrupting the photos (naturally can't recover what is already corrupted) it was like my phone couldn't recognize the resolution that the camera was using.
    THIS worked for me also!!! THANK YOU!
    12-29-2014 12:18 AM
    Thanks for letting me know. I'm on Sprint and I hope it's just my sd card as it seems okay the last 2 days and I have not ever had the message about my camera failing...... fingers crossed
    05-01-2015 12:19 PM
72 123