06-25-2016 01:25 PM
105 12345
tools
    Solved!!!! just sign out your samsung account and bettery will be perfect.
    I am going to try this one. Android system consumes as much as screen. Android OS is very close to them in terms of consumption.
    06-11-2014 12:37 AM
    What that says is an app was running all the time in the background and using up a lot of DATA.

that is why when my phone is not being used, I turn OFF data and WiFi, there is not need for either of those when I am sleeping. SMS works regardless with both of those off.
    06-11-2014 04:09 AM
    I don't have a Samsung account linked and Android System is still a battery hog.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    myminpins likes this.
    06-11-2014 05:03 AM
    i simply cannot believe android user in this forum.
    come on, why would you on the 'Location/GPS' ????
    is this the first day you are using android? OFF that function, only switch it ON when you are using google map or navigation.
    if you are lazy to even toggle that, get an iphone.
    Are you for real? The OS should be managing this. It should not be up to the user to turn on/off location because the OS Sucks so bad as to not manage it by itself.

So what you are saying is Android sucks so bad that every time I want to navigate I have to turn on location, navigate and turn off? Seriously? If that's the case than Google has to go back to the drawing board! It's 2014, not 2001.

And if the iPhone manages that (and a bunch of other things) better then its the better platform.

Oh, and BTW: I'm seeing this on my S5 on T-Mobile too.
    06-22-2014 08:28 PM
    Are you for real? The OS should be managing this. It should not be up to the user to turn on/off location because the OS Sucks so bad as to not manage it by itself.

So what you are saying is Android sucks so bad that every time I want to navigate I have to turn on location, navigate and turn off? Seriously? If that's the case than Google has to go back to the drawing board! It's 2014, not 2001.

And if the iPhone manages that (and a bunch of other things) better then its the better platform.

Oh, and BTW: I'm seeing this on my S5 on T-Mobile too.
    Seriously!

No Android phone before my S5 did this. Its not normal nor is it acceptable. Who turns things like that off? Next that user will tell us all to use Ultra Power Saver mode daily...

06-23-2014 02:59 PM
    I registered just to share similar experiences with my S5. It's not a constant problem, this past weekend for example I was able to get nearly 48 hours with light-moderate use. However, my phone was 90% charge when I went to bed last night and I awake to this below! Unacceptable! This is with location and wifi disabled, although the shot below appears to show wifi was enabled... more confusion, no answers.

Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-24-10-30-50.jpg
    Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-24-10-30-54.jpg
    06-24-2014 12:17 PM
    Mine is fixed. Here's what I did.

Put all the files on my SD onto the computer. Formatted the SD on the phone. Readded the files using KIES. Apparently there is an issue with SD cards that are put into the phone and not formatted to Samsung/Android 's way of working that causes the system to over use itself.

Changed the run time in developer options to ART then back to Dalvik.

Turned off NFC. I thought this was off but it wasn't.

Charged the phone to 100% and then reset it as soon as I unplugged.

I spent a few hours trawling the net finding ways that have improved people's battery. Also, I have location off and sync on. I also turn all the samsung bloatware off.

At the point of the screenshot, for the past two weeks, I have been sitting at 30% with the same kinda usage.

Try some of these and see how you get on.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-24-18-57-25.jpg  
    06-24-2014 01:11 PM
    Oh, and I got rid of any form of battery monitoring apps. They're a load of rubbish.

06-24-2014 01:16 PM
    Scrap that.

It must have been a one off, my battery is bad again.

06-26-2014 04:21 AM
    why should you put it in ultra power saving mode when you have a new phone. My phone I charge at night it is at 100% in in the morning it s 60%. this is a flaw in the Galaxy 5 doesn't matter which carrier I have Verizon. why are we all in a form to figure this out. Samsung should have an answer, my old phone Droid Razr Maxx the battery was great. now my galaxy I have to charge the through the day. Samsung needs to fix this and fix this fast
    06-26-2014 07:17 AM
    Frustrating thing is, mine was awesome and for no reason, one day, it just switched and became poor.

Surely it has to be an app or software error and it will be fixed.

06-26-2014 01:07 PM
    This is mine today. A few posts above, you can see the difference to when I thought it was fixed.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-26-19-08-19.jpg  
    06-26-2014 01:09 PM
    So I turned of location scanning, "always allow scanning", option under advance wi-fi settings, then shut-down the phone for a couple minutes, restarted and stuck it on the charger for a full charge... the phone has been fine since, going on 48 hours. Could just be a coincidence.
    Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-26-15-41-55.jpg
    06-26-2014 03:49 PM
    So I turned of location scanning, "always allow scanning", option under advance wi-fi settings, then shut-down the phone for a couple minutes, restarted and stuck it on the charger for a full charge... the phone has been fine since, going on 48 hours. Could just be a coincidence.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-26-15-41-55.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	125174
    The other day my battery drained from 79% to 40% in hours with barely any use. I recharged it after a reset and drain was normal again.

Remember, rogue apps may drain battery. This is especially true with the S5 for some reason. When we see the new KitKat update the issue should resolve. When that is I have no idea though. All I know is the rogue app isn't anything I installed.

06-26-2014 04:25 PM
    I really hope they do fix it with an update, and pronto

06-26-2014 05:35 PM
    I've been using mine all day, sometimes with only 1x, most of the time 3g

half the time 4g, watching videos on the news channels, etc.....

85% at 0500 this morning, now it is 2000 hrs and it's at 37%
    That is with everything turned ON and lots of stuff happening....
    I have the Screen at Full Brightness so I can see it in the sun, as I work outside all day long.

that is not so shabby, and with Wireless charging who cares? plop and it is ready for tomorrow.

if I turn off data and wifi, it will go for 5 days between charges.

depends on how you use it.
    06-26-2014 07:51 PM
    Went through trying all the different suggestions I've seen and no luck with Android System using less battery. Last night I uninstalled the allshare dongle s/w update and so far have had good results. Noticed this update is dated Apr 24th, around the time it seems a lot of people started to have battery issues. Android system now consumes less than half of what the screen does overall. Curious if anyone else has tried this and if they had good results as well. Prior to uninstalling, Android System was consuming more than the screen by a few percent. Screenshot shown is with 58 mins of screen time.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-06-27-21-35-24.jpg  
    06-27-2014 08:38 PM
    I've been meaning to disable that Allshare Dongle myself. I never "share" anything on the phone with anyone else.
    06-27-2014 09:50 PM
    . Last night I uninstalled the allshare dongle s/w update and so far have had good results. Noticed this update is dated Apr 24th, around the time it seems a lot of people started to have battery issues.
    ^^^^ Yup, what he said.

Phone was consistently giving me 16-30 hours of use on a single charge then today it went berserk. Dead give-away was that I could feel the phone running hot even through my Spigen case. I knew there was a problem. Went to app manager and disabled/forced stop the dongle thing (whatever the heck that is anyway) and things seem to be back to normal. We'll see I guess.
    06-27-2014 09:59 PM
    I just uninstalled that app as well trying to address the issue, my system has been very high on usage recently so hopefully this does help. I have no idea what that app is for either, and while I don't pretend to know everything about permissions, it sure seems like it had a ton.

06-27-2014 10:43 PM
    I just looked at the all share screen mirroring app in the settings and I turned it off but when I went back into it it's turned back on again :O is it supposed to work like that or is it a bug?
    The only other option would be to disable it as others have said here?

06-28-2014 01:29 AM
    I have a simple rule of thumb...if an app says "Samsung," "Amazon" or "Verizon" anywhere in it I consider it crapware and disable it or force stop it. Those things are nothing but bad news.
    06-28-2014 05:40 AM
    Nice, I have just uninstalled that all share dongle thing and forced it to stop.

Let's see what happens.

06-28-2014 06:26 AM
    Nice, I have just uninstalled that all share dongle thing and forced it to stop.

Let's see what happens.

You can't disable it and even though I uninstalled it the application updated hours later by itself. The only thing we can do is remove the update which installs itself again.

06-28-2014 06:31 AM
    You can't disable it and even though I uninstalled it the application updated hours later by itself. The only thing we can do is remove the update which installs itself again.

I manually update my apps.

I have had the notification to update it, but I'm just going to leave it.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    06-28-2014 07:11 AM
105 12345