Beats wireless not connecting

KillerKlown

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i got my Samsung Galaxy S5 yestetday. I tried to use my Beats wireless, but they're not connecting. They work great and connect to my S3. Blue tooth is turned on on the S5, the beats are flashing red, but the phone can't find the beats. Any suggestions?

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
trying to pair or something ?? sorry cant help this specific issue
i have a sony rpd-xf300 and the transition is not seamless, i have to select it from the pull down for bluetooth some times. this is after it was paired and the Sony powered on.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
And it is set to pairing mode, not connected to anything around already? Might not go in pairing mode if connected to another device?

brooklynnfoery

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
do you still need help? i was just having the same problem but solved it. go to your settings and click bluetooth and you have to check the box where it says only visible to paired devices and it will switch to visible to all nearby bluetooth devices for 2 minutes and then at the bottom press scan and then hold down your button on the pill and it should pop up.

XanderonG

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi KillerKlown. I just got a pair of Beats Wireless. So, what you are doing is simply turning them on into pairing mode. This is when the red light flashes slowly. What you need to do is turn your headphones off, and then hold the power button for about 5 seconds. Hold down until you see the LED blinking fast between blue and red, kind of like a police light. Then, it is in scanning mode, and your phone sould pick it up no problem. :D

-XanderonG

eDDie-G

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
yep that last one worked.. i was so shattered when i couldn't get em to work.. thanks for posting the question and thanks for the easy answer :cool:

dmagikwand

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Does the calling feature work right...??

Call and Music Audio should both be checkmarked in the GS5 Bluetooth settings for the device. This should be the default settings though if I remember correctly.
I have LG Tone Infinims and there is an LG app in the store that gives me more options on my headset like reading text messages, announcing the caller and such. There could possibly be a Beats app for more functionality though I've not personally checked.

friscog415

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Excellent instructions. Thanks XanderonG. My Beats by Dre have been sitting up for the last 4 months collecting dust. I had to resort to some cheap Target Sony joints. When those went bad (over time the wiring gets loose and eventually you lose the connection, typically last about 2-3 months going to gym 4 days a week) I had tried one last ditch effort with the Beats to no avail until I came across this post and reply. Once again, thanks XanderonG for my Beats have risen from it's coma.

steveaus

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I have just purchased powerbeats2 wireless, my galaxy s6 says it cannot communicate with them. I have Bluetooth turned on and sync active, they show up as available but will not connect. can anyone help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2