S5 will not allow me to manually link contacts

Rob Davila

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Bought a Samsung S5 today and it will not allow me to link contacts. Tried to remove my facebook contacts and my gmail contacts and tried to just link contacts which were just stored on the phone and still no luck. Doesn't matter if contacts have identical name or different names, the phone will not manually link contacts. Has anyone had this problem?

tinalynnm

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem - It's driving me crazy! I've tried everything! This is the first time I've seen that someone else has this issue :(

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Samsung S5 today and it will not allow me to link contacts. Tried to remove my facebook contacts and my gmail contacts and tried to just link contacts which were just stored on the phone and still no luck. Doesn't matter if contacts have identical name or different names, the phone will not manually link contacts. Has anyone had this problem?

Can you post a video or screenshots of what you are seeing, or the problem? For some reason it's hard for me to try to understand what exactly is your issue. Maybe seeing the video or pictures me or somebody else can help you better.

tinalynnm

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'll try to explain my issue better: (I have Facebook contacts and messaging contacts/phone numbers that I want to merge). My attempt was this: From CONTACTS, I chose an entry (the facebook one) and then tapped the 3 dots that give the "LINK CONTACTS" option. From there, it shows my list of messaging contacts. I chose the person I want to Link/Merge, - it checks a box- and then tapped DONE.
You'd think their phone number would merge with the facebook contact, but it doesn't. And further, that messaging number entry disappears from the list. Please help - it's really annoying :'(

Oh! and one more thing! I tried to enter/add the phone number manually to the facebook contact and tapped the pencil to EDIT, but the screen grays out and you can't edit. WTH??????
Thanks

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It may be due to being on different accounts why don't you try merge accounts first then link any contacts and/or delete duplicates

When I tried just link it found the matched contacts for me