Wired headsets not working with Galaxy S5

endoftheline2

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a number of wired 2.5mm headsets that I use with other Android based smart phones that have 3.5mm ports (Droid 4 most recently). I use multiple 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, and they have been working fine for all of them.

When I try to use any of my wired headsets with my Samsung Galaxy S5 I hear the audio from the heaset, but other people don't hear my voice from the headset. When I connect the headset it shows as "earphones" everytime, and indeed does work fine as a earphone, but the microphone does not work. I'm wondering if there is a setting I need to change so the S5 sees my wired headset as a device with a microphone and not just headphones.

Any Ideas

Janine Anne Roque

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a number of wired 2.5mm headsets that I use with other Android based smart phones that have 3.5mm ports (Droid 4 most recently). I use multiple 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, and they have been working fine for all of them.

When I try to use any of my wired headsets with my Samsung Galaxy S5 I hear the audio from the heaset, but other people don't hear my voice from the headset. When I connect the headset it shows as "earphones" everytime, and indeed does work fine as a earphone, but the microphone does not work. I'm wondering if there is a setting I need to change so the S5 sees my wired headset as a device with a microphone and not just headphones.

Any Ideas

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if your headphones were originally designed to work on Apple products? I had a similar thing happen when testing some 3-button iphone headphones on an Android. Some things worked, some didn't. Apple came up with their own weird spec for the jacks. Have you tried the earbuds that came with the S5?

StevenBaker

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
About reading all of your problem I think your headphone is not your problem but the main problem in your wired headset is its mike, may your mike is not working properly, your speaker needs to repair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463