4300 mAh batter for Galaxy S5!

snowfoots

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
A backup battery means a lot to me as my Galaxy S5 is running many apps, even though battery life on this phone is already an impressive part. Just received mine with a small bag, unwrapped and put it in. It seems a little larger than stock battery, ensuring a snug fit.
The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn?t there for sure but there is still a slight increase. I?ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

After I fully charged it 3 times, it seemed to do great. This is my moderate to quite heavily day yesterday. With almost same usages (average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 43001.png
    43001.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 43002.png
    43002.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It says it's the same size. I'm tempted to buy one but it looks like the ones with NFC are not available quite yet. I use Sbeam so I need the ones with NFC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snowfoots

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
With almost same usages (average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Will people ever stop believing the ridiculous claims made by these third party battery makers? Come on guys, there is no magical technology that allows these scammers to cram 50% more mAh into the same size battery.

By the way, did you not notice that this poster joined in April and his only two posts are about this magical battery he bought? Stop falling for this BS!

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Will people ever stop believing the ridiculous claims made by these third party battery makers? Come on guys, there is no magical technology that allows these scammers to cram 50% more mAh into the same size battery.

By the way, did you not notice that this poster joined in April and his only two posts are about this magical battery he bought? Stop falling for this BS!

"magical battery " I find that comment hilarious :)

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
A backup battery means a lot to me as my Galaxy S5 is running many apps, even though battery life on this phone is already an impressive part. Just received mine with a small bag, unwrapped and put it in. It seems a little larger than stock battery, ensuring a snug fit.
The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn?t there for sure but there is still a slight increase. I?ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

After I fully charged it 3 times, it seemed to do great. This is my moderate to quite heavily day yesterday. With almost same usages (average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

I get that battery length with the stock battery that came with the S5. Your usage isn't that crazy at all according to your stats. I have the same stats. Plus you're YouTube only shows 4% usage. That's not a lot of streaming as you've stated above. Just my opinion. Battery is definitely not 4600, sorry man, but you may of been ripped!

Sent from my S5 via AC Forum App

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the battery today... Fell for the trap... Drains faster then the original battery.... Seems like system idle life is same as original but when put it use drains faster

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was told that it's not compatible by prople on this forum and you know what I'm going to get it anyway.and I was going to say something but you beat me to it but anyway there are great deals on eBay for the batteries and I'm going to get one I'm going to get 3. Crap to those were talking me out of it. I mean come on they had the same charge voltage and I can't believe I was going to allow people here to tell me not to buy it because it might mess up my phone well. guess what I don't care I have insurance. The ones im gonna get are lower mahs. So they are the same dimensions as the stock g900. There are also ones that are phone specific. Oh and they come with chargers! I"ll never run out of battery life. I'm gonna uncheck all the power saving options and put all the battery draining options and programs to the max and get live wallpapers, that are really unsuggested, and that do headstands

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was told that it's not compatible by prople on this forum and you know what I'm going to get it anyway.and I was going to say something but you beat me to it but anyway there are great deals on eBay for the batteries and I'm going to get one I'm going to get 3. Crap to those were talking me out of it. I mean come on they had the same charge voltage and I can't believe I was going to allow people here to tell me not to buy it because it might mess up my phone well. guess what I don't care I have insurance. The ones im gonna get are lower mahs. So they are the same dimensions as the stock g900. There are also ones that are phone specific. Oh and they come with chargers! I"ll never run out of battery life. I'm gonna uncheck all the power saving options and put all the battery draining options and programs to the max and get live wallpapers, that are really unsuggested, and that do headstands

Not just mess up a phone but the possibility of the battery exploding due to poor manufacturing quality. If you want to risk it go for it. I don't care if its a 1% higher chance from OEM.

Besides, these companies lie about total battery capacity so how do we know they're honest on the charging rate? Also, extra chargers? Quality is key but you seem content on damaging your phone because of insurance. I sure hope you don't use that mentality with cars and play bumper cars. ;)

Sorry had to joke around with that last part. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Got an Onite battery.Drains faster than the original battery,but after charged and fully drain the battery for the first 3 cycles,it seemed to do great.Think the first 3 cycles of charging and fully drain is very important.

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn�t there for sure but there is still a slight increase. I�ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

i'm thinking that's what my course should be considering i'm getting like 5 hours max for the 4300. i've cycled twice already and the battery even charging it for like 2 hours doesn't charge to a full 100%

i'm gonna give it a couple of more recharges. contacted seller and they reassured me that that's what i need to do, so we'll see... :)

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Also i'm trying to force the drainage: music playing, brightness at max, just turned power saving off. Have a battery on charger to replace this one when it runs out. Not for nothing, i never deal with disreputable sellers. Never had a less than positive experience. Thats what comes with choosing those with 95%+ positive reviews--since thats a thing you can't fake. I'm really not sweating it. If it doesnt work out oh well, i know i could always return them. Would be a little sad tho, im sure i'll get over it. Just have my hopes up. If these dont work i'm sure i could always find others

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Not just mess up a phone but the possibility of the battery exploding due to poor manufacturing quality. If you want to risk it go for it. I don't care if its a 1% higher chance from OEM.

Besides, these companies lie about total battery capacity so how do we know they're honest on the charging rate? Also, extra chargers? Quality is key but you seem content on damaging your phone because of insurance. I sure hope you don't use that mentality with cars and play bumper cars. ;)

Sorry had to joke around with that last part. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Yeah. Hmm really dont care and dont think gonna happen. Sorry if your life is filled with disappointment and f-overs. However not been my experience. Sounds pretty serious, tho. Sorry you're getting shafted.
Insurance is a wonderful thing. Oh and considering a car is nothing like a smartphone, yeah insurance works. Why not? After all last time i checked its a little bit easier to kill someone with my car than my phone. Twenty dollars a month plus six a month for ins. makes this all the more worth it. I think i'm pretty responsible with vehicles though. So yaeah, im content to muck up my phone. I'm dealing with cellular carriers for petes sake.

Last edited: