S Health Privacy

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So I went into S Health and it will not allow you to use it unless you agree to allow Sammy to gather personal information.

I know that information and personal information is the new money but seriously asking for personal health information ?

Does anyone else think this is going over the line ?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I went into S Health and it will not allow you to use it unless you agree to allow Sammy to gather personal information.

I know that information and personal information is the new money but seriously asking for personal health information ?

Does anyone else think this is going over the line ?

I agree. I don't want Samsung knowing how much of a fatty I am.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Every health app does this. That's how it tracks how many calories you need to intake, and set goals and stuff like that.

If you don't want to give real info like your name, gender, birth date, use a fake info, but use your actual weight/height.

If I remember, when I first started S Health there was a fake name in the profile anyway, so just leave it as is.

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Every health app does this. That's how it tracks how many calories you need to intake, and set goals and stuff like that.

If you don't want to give real info like your name, gender, birth date, use a fake info, but use your actual weight/height.

If I remember, when I first started S Health there was a fake name in the profile anyway, so just leave it as is.

What about personal information (i.e. phone identification and location etc) ?

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
BTW the Samsung Service Terms and Conditions is 39,834 words and the Samsung Privacy Policy is 4,737 words.

Sure is alot (to cover their butts and NOT yours).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech