Cannot edit contacts

crestfield

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
My company recently switched to Air Watch as their email client. My email and calendar are synced and working properly. However, I am having an issue with my contacts list. All of my contacts have synced and I can pull up there numbers to make calls and send messages. What I can no longer do is tap on the contact to open it and edit any information such as phone numbers, address's etc. Every time I try to open the contact for editing I get the message "unfortunately, contacts has stopped". If I tap on the contacts photo on the far left I can access the phone number to make a call, send a text message, or to save as a favorite with no problems. So to edit any of my contacts I have to do it through Microsoft Outlook on my work computer. Is this some sort of security feature with Air Watch? I tend to think not as I also have Air Watch on my Apple I-Pad and I do not have this issue. I also had it on my old Galaxy S2 with no issues. Does anyone out there know the reason why this is happening and a potential fix?.....thanks, Tom

One more item to note. If I add a new contact to my phone, there is no issue with opening it for editing. I do not get the "unfortunately, contacts has stopped" message. I only get this message when trying to open the contacts that are synced with my corporate account.

Last edited:

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nothing to do with your S5 it's your company security/exchange policies

There is normally an exchange symbol next to the contacts to show this

I think you will also find contacts created on your S5 will also not be displayed in your office PC contacts list

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Do you think it would be specific to Android? As I said, this issue does not exist on my I-Pad...

Have you checked that although your Ipad may allow you to edit contact locally it is replicated on your work PC as it would mean your are never synched across devices properly?

This is why most companies security polices only allow one way synch, my old company never allowed apple devices for certain reasons I expect due to Microsoft exchange polices so I cant comment sorry

My current company uses IBM lotus notes and this is handled in its own mail and contacts app that has its own security policy that strangely will not accept finger print logon

crestfield

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a little test on my Apple device. I changed a phone number on the device and to my surprise, it actually did replicate it on my work PC. But only on my PC. I checked on a fellow workers PC and the change did not occur on his......interesting

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I did a little test on my Apple device. I changed a phone number on the device and to my surprise, it actually did replicate it on my work PC. But only on my PC. I checked on a fellow workers PC and the change did not occur on his......interesting

Yes strange have a look under settings/security/device administrators and see if there is a policy there, its probably this, but the policy should be set by your office IT

The policy usually stops you copying editing etc and remote wipe incase you loose your device

They may well have different setting on Apple to Android which would seem a bit lapse of them

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie