Few questions about my new S5 - First Android device

Jonnio

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys -- Working through the iPhone to Android conversion on a new S5 and had a few questions for the crew.

One of the big things I was looking forward to on the S5 was Spritz, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I missing something or is this a rumor that didn't come to fruition? As an aside, equally frustrated that the download booster and Paypal fingerprint paying have been removed. That's three features I bought the phone for I can't use :(

Am I missing something to get app icons to show the number of new notifications. ie - when I get a new text the Hangouts app doesn't have anything to say that there are new messages. I know I can use the notification menu, but I kind of miss looking at my main screen and knowing instantly where I have unread messages.

Is there a way to have the phone icon default to favorites vs. the keypad?

Overall, pretty stoked about the change and am slowly learning and transitioning, but trying to work out some of the kinks.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey, don't know about Spritz and the download booster is a carrier decision.

The phone app though will always go back to where you last left it. So if hang up then go back to favorites and then back out, next time you click the phone icon it Will go back to favorites.

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Jonnio

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Spritz is a new speed reading technology. There are a few articles that it was going to debut on the S5.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spritz-reinvents-reading-on-mobile-devices-one-word-at-a-time-246756751.htm

finndo77

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
the number of notifications showing on the icons was broken by a security feature added in one of the 4.x versions, I know that some addons can still do it, but might require root. like Nova launcher has a "tesla unread" plugin that shows the number on your gmail icon. (I don't think that one requires root) some of the Xposed additions can enable the notification counts again, but someone ahs to already make it, or you'll have to code it for the specific app you want it on. I have not seen it otherwise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc