Trouble Moving Music Files to SD

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble moving music files over to your SD (yes they are legitimately mine). For instance, I reloaded some of my ring tones. They loaded into my vault folder. It let me move them to my ringtone folder on my device but gives me an error & won't transfer. So I then download a new audio book, it loaded into my download folder. It wouldn't let me move it to my SD, but it moved to my music folder on device. Surely I'm doing something wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to move around these files from your phone or on your PC? If on phone, what program are you using? Only certain programs have write permissions for SD on KitKat, but the included File Manager (My Files) is one and should allow you to.

Is anyone having trouble moving music files over to your SD (yes they are legitimately mine). For instance, I reloaded some of my ring tones. They loaded into my vault folder. It let me move them to my ringtone folder on my device but gives me an error & won't transfer. So I then download a new audio book, it loaded into my download folder. It wouldn't let me move it to my SD, but it moved to my music folder on device. Surely I'm doing something wrong?

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to move around these files from your phone or on your PC? If on phone, what program are you using? Only certain programs have write permissions for SD on KitKat, but the included File Manager (My Files) is one and should allow you to.

On my phone. I was trying to use it with ES Explorer. I will try the regular file manager. Thanks!

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
It seems archaic but it may be easier to plug it in and use kies and just highlight, drag and drop from one folder to the other. That's what I do.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

That was exactly it. Now I will know to use the stock File Manager for that. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey