Samsung Galaxy S5 - First Samsung

ashwood68

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Afternoon

First Samsung Galaxy S5 - love it although a couple of questions i need help on please

1. How do i assign a ringtone to a contact - i want to assign a song i downloaded thru google play to my gf so when she rings i know its her

2. When i set up email i have 400 emails in my inbox - how do i ( i you can ) create sub folders - ie one folder for bills, one for jobs, etc

Any help appreciated please

Matt

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon

First Samsung Galaxy S5 - love it although a couple of questions i need help on please

1. How do i assign a ringtone to a contact - i want to assign a song i downloaded thru google play to my gf so when she rings i know its her

2. When i set up email i have 400 emails in my inbox - how do i ( i you can ) create sub folders - ie one folder for bills, one for jobs, etc

Any help appreciated please

Matt

Welcome to the forums.
For the contact try clicking on it, then edit. In there should be the option to assign a ringtone.
AS for the email question, what email client are you using?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For the email question, in the stock email app, in the folders view, long press the folder you want to create the subfolder in and the option to create subfolder should appear
You can create subfolders inside subfolders by the same method as well.

utahe5yz.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ashwood68

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
i have managed to go into contacts and select the contact then im lost - i cant see the edit button but if i manage to get the ringtones to assign i have an ADD button that links me to dropbox or music...this is what id ideally like - to be able to assign i song i have downloaded from googleplay to a contact

i set up my email which was btinternet

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have managed to go into contacts and select the contact then im lost - i cant see the edit button but if i manage to get the ringtones to assign i have an ADD button that links me to dropbox or music...this is what id ideally like - to be able to assign i song i have downloaded from googleplay to a contact

i set up my email which was btinternet

I don't have an S5 in front of me. Is there a 3 dot button toward the top. Most likely upper right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463