Any ETA on the Wireless Samsung S Charger Kit for the Galaxy S5?

finndo77

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
really interested in this too, unless the charge speed is too slow. I love how fast the S5 charges from USB3/the OEM wall charger.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
really interested in this too, unless the charge speed is too slow. I love how fast the S5 charges from USB3/the OEM wall charger.

I didn't think it charged any faster then the S4 with the standard USB cable.

I see the Samsung "Mini" wireless charging pad coming soon so I'll wait for it also.

Wonder if the new S5 wireless charging back will be thicker then the stock back and still fit into cases?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have heard wireless charging is 40% slower. That's fine for overnight charging.

Pretty much but to me overnight is easy to just plug the cord in.. Rather than spending extra cash on another charger :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a wireless charger before...will it work through a case? I have the Spiegen ultra fit.
I don't know much about the off brand ones but in the past all the Samsung wireless back covers are pretty thick. The only case I got my Note 3 to fit w/ the cover is an Otterbox Defender and even w/ that it was super snug. I couldn't snap the Otterbox shell together and relied on the rubber part to hold everything together. You could always buy a wireless charging receiver that goes inside, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stan...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3607137 but not sure if they have them out for the s5 yet

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much but to me overnight is easy to just plug the cord in.. Rather than spending extra cash on another charger :).

I read in bed, so I end up trying to plug the phone on the nightstand half asleep, and it's much harder with the S5 compared to the S4.

ksat

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you consider third party options, will need to make sure it had the water proposing gasket that makes the phone IP67 capable....if you care about that sort of thing. I've seen a number of them don't have it.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about the off brand ones but in the past all the Samsung wireless back covers are pretty thick. The only case I got my Note 3 to fit w/ the cover is an Otterbox Defender and even w/ that it was super snug. I couldn't snap the Otterbox shell together and relied on the rubber part to hold everything together. You could always buy a wireless charging receiver that goes inside, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stan...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3608202 but not sure if they have them out for the s5 yet

My note 3 with Samsung charging back worked with the Trident Kraken ams case.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Once you experience wireless charging, its hard to buy a phone without it. IMO one of the best features ever. I too am waiting on the wireless charging cover. Any charging pad on Amazon will work perfectly.

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy S5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze