Navigate to gps coordinates

Richard Sa

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
On my old galaxy S3 running jelly bean I could look at a photograph that had gps tags on and then I could choose navigate to them using google maps.

I cant seem to find the navigate to option on my S5. I can see where the photo was taken if I got to More Info and its opening mini map with the highlighted location, but no more.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong

Thanks

Richard

finndo77

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
never knew you could do that, I cannot even find how to turn that option on with the S5, there is next to nothing in the camera app settings

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
On my old galaxy S3 running jelly bean I could look at a photograph that had gps tags on and then I could choose navigate to them using google maps.

I cant seem to find the navigate to option on my S5. I can see where the photo was taken if I got to More Info and its opening mini map with the highlighted location, but no more.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong

Thanks

Richard

If you use gallery to view picture and use settings/more info the map automatically appears on the info page

Tapping the map will then launch the full google map

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
never knew you could do that, I cannot even find how to turn that option on with the S5, there is next to nothing in the camera app settings

Scroll down there are more camera settings than the first 16 you will see location tab

Selecting this if not already turned on will take you to location settings to turn on and select options

Richard Sa

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
If you use gallery to view picture and use settings/more info the map automatically appears on the info page

Tapping the map will then launch the full google map

Yes I have already found that option thanks, I want to navigate to that location. - ie the picture coordinates are the destination.
Easy on 4.3, from gallery I just choose get directions and it would automatically open google maps with my current location and the destination of the photograph already in.
This really useful option seems to have disappeared on 4.4, or am I missing something ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo