Sd card video file question

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if sd cards can only read certain files to play once moved to it? Does it depend on the card? I have the most expensive sd card out there class 10 64 gb but stone videos I move to my sd card are not playable. This kit Kat is a real pain the *** by the way

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if sd cards can only read certain files to play once moved to it? Does it depend on the card? I have the most expensive sd card out there class 10 64 gb but stone videos I move to my sd card are not playable. This kit Kat is a real pain the *** by the way

You can store any file you want. You have to have the right video player though.

I suggest you use MX Player or BS Player.

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes but if I can't stream to other devices like the stock video player can then it's useless to me so you know if it can?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

+1 on the MX player.

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
You can store any file you want. You have to have the right video player though.

I suggest you use MX Player or BS Player.

Well it still doesn't work for me. Weird because i was able to transfer two other movies a while ago to my sd card perfectly fine but now nothing else works

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well it still doesn't work for me. Weird because i was able to transfer two other movies a while ago to my sd card perfectly fine but now nothing else works

I had the same issue on my s3. It's a codec issue. Some players have the correct codecs, some just don't recognize them. Your best bet is to purchase a video converter (they're usually around $30) and convert them to mp4 and you will have zero problems. I wrestled with buying one, but it's a good investment if you travel and have a tablet. I have over 300 titles as avi and to be able to covert them is clutch.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463