09-12-2016 03:05 AM
266 ... 56789 ...
tools
    dark screen, where is that option on the phone???

if i didnt personally put an sd card in my phone, i dont have one?

dont even know where it would go, mine did it first time today after two months ownership, i took case off, while i was trying to figure out how to remove battery, which i havent figured out yet, the screen came back on while i was messing with the case itself

watching vid now on removing battery, wow, i didnt know how little i knew till i knew i didnt know

It happened to me while i was using the phone to make a call, i had the device up to my ear so the screen went dark when up to my ear, is there a way to change it so it does NOT go black when you put up to ear, if so i would check that as that is when it went black and stayed black

i say stayed black but after taking the case off and messing around with the back the screen came back on
    07-01-2014 08:18 AM
    I intentionally applied it and there's sounds as well. So must be a glitch enabling the screen function of it. The shortcut is 3 power button presses to turn on or off. Try that even if it is not enabled.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-02-2014 03:53 PM
    Hi All,

My Galaxy S5 screen has also going black usually after charging via USB on my pc screen. I have disabled svoice and screen animations. Been at least 5-6 days. Not sure if the problem is completely fixed but appears to be a magnitude better. The screen animations can be disabled by following the instructions in this link. Hope this helps. I set them to animation off.

How to Speed Up Any Android Phone By Disabling Animations
    07-02-2014 05:54 PM
    My s5 has been doing the wake problem a week after I got it. The first thing I tried after reading all the post was pulled the battery and gave my simm card a push and felt a click. Doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I suggest resetting your simm card to see if that helps.

07-04-2014 07:34 AM
    After having tmobile send two phones, been back on my original phone and after a firmware update from tmobile and so far I have not had the issue at all. I did not restore from backup after the firmware update I setup from new and used helium to restore data after reinstalling my apps, at least the ones I use the most... so far been weeks since and phone working perfectly

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    07-04-2014 12:41 PM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the problem. It happens to mine daily. I recently took off some apps that had been newly added since it def hasn't been the whole time I have had the phone. Hopefully that helps because it really is a pain in the *** when I have a case on the phone and it constantly does this. Wonder what else could be causing it
    OJsakila likes this.
    07-05-2014 05:09 PM
    Interesting iphones have the same problem

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=105&tstart=0
    07-06-2014 07:52 PM
    Yeah on an iPhone 4 that is no longer produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-06-2014 09:52 PM
    07-06-2014 11:04 PM
    07-06-2014 11:12 PM
    Been tired with the black screen problem and exchanged it with Note 3. Wow, couldn't be happier! This device is awesome on every things! I don't care about finger prints feature, water resistant or heart rate sensor on S5. The Note 3 i got is working smoothly and seamlessly...and i love the s-pen also.
    07-06-2014 11:47 PM
    ohh look the problem is on the sony Xperia Z2 too

this is hilarious
    Xperia Z2 Black Screen - xda-developers
    07-06-2014 11:59 PM
    i would never have guessed the problem is also on the note 3

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...eally-hot.html
    07-07-2014 12:01 AM
    I'm having this same problem too.Just don't know what to do.
    07-07-2014 03:43 AM
    Verizon Galaxy S5-mine is 1 month old and Samsung wants me to send it in to "investigate"; they say around 5-7 days.........ae you kidding me?
    Tried all of the above to no avail
    07-07-2014 06:24 PM
    Two people experienced the problem in the thread. And it was fixed by a simple reboot by holding down the home and power button. The op couldn't do it because the power button was broken. That leaves one person with a problem on an iPhone 5C. COMPARED to this thread it is nothing.
    07-07-2014 06:35 PM
    Hey Guys,

So, I have fixed the freakin screen problem. I brought my phone to a Samsung Service Center, and the technician said that my LCD was defective and she replaced it with a new one. Now my S5 is perfectly fine and feels brand new too!

(I know they didn't just gave me a new phone cuz I specifically remember that I have marks on my bezels, and its still there)

Hope you guys would do the same.

Cheers
    07-08-2014 02:20 AM
    Mine has been doing this about every 24 hours. I factory reset twice. I had a bunch of Tasker profiles set up and I had hoped that that was the problem, but it happened again this morning without Tasker running. I have a Verizon S5. I'm curious to hear if this is happening on all variants of the phone. I've been running with the fingerprint lock on and I'm going to see if using no lock makes any difference.

Man I have a Verizon S5 and I'm having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. Let me start by saying all my smart phones have been Samsung since the 1st Epic on Sprint. S1 (Sprint), S2 (Sprint), Note 2 & 3 (Sprint), and I regret to say that the S5 is the worst Sammy I've ever owned! I'm a Samsung fan boy but this S5 issue has me wanting to get rid of it and get a G3! Between my screen going completely black when I try to wake it up, or the keyboard taking forever and a day to pop up (not to mention sometimes the keyboard freezes and won't type anything for about 5 seconds, then it'll spit everything out), I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed. My rooted Note 3 which is still on Sprint has NEVER had this issue, even when it was stock! Never had to change animations scales or anything, IT JUST WORKS! Definitely looking to trade for a G3. So dissapointed. Also I actually worked for Sprint as a technician so I know all the resets and all that, its a software issue. Touchwiz is a poison man...and of course Sammy won't fix it, they just add more **** we don't need further clogging up space. Time for a change. I'll still upgrade to the Note 4 in October but on Verizon I wanna explore, just not iphone ! lol
    07-08-2014 09:55 AM
    Man I have a Verizon S5 and I'm having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. Let me start by saying all my smart phones have been Samsung since the 1st Epic on Sprint. S1 (Sprint), S2 (Sprint), Note 2 & 3 (Sprint), and I regret to say that the S5 is the worst Sammy I've ever owned! I'm a Samsung fan boy but this S5 issue has me wanting to get rid of it and get a G3! Between my screen going completely black when I try to wake it up, or the keyboard taking forever and a day to pop up (not to mention sometimes the keyboard freezes and won't type anything for about 5 seconds, then it'll spit everything out), I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed. My rooted Note 3 which is still on Sprint has NEVER had this issue, even when it was stock! Never had to change animations scales or anything, IT JUST WORKS! Definitely looking to trade for a G3. So dissapointed. Also I actually worked for Sprint as a technician so I know all the resets and all that, its a software issue. Touchwiz is a poison man...and of course Sammy won't fix it, they just add more **** we don't need further clogging up space. Time for a change. I'll still upgrade to the Note 4 in October but on Verizon I wanna explore, just not iphone ! lol

If you don't like touchwiz, then don't use it.
    07-08-2014 10:05 AM
    Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone has posted these solutions, but here's what worked for me. I took out the battery and let it sit for 30 seconds then plugged in my phone to my computer and then placed my battery back in. This allowed my phone to turn on.

After trying this I continued to get a black screen on whenever I turned on my phone so I used this unorthodox method of wiping my phone against my shirt/sleeve which woke up my phone.

And now whenever I face this issue, I press below and above where the power button which is on the right side of my phone, then press the power button and my phone turns on.

I don't know how crazy this may sound but my phone turns on doing those last 2 methods every time I get a black screen.
    Good luck!
    07-09-2014 07:12 PM
    ok well im testing out a theory that bluetooth needs to be enabled all the time. 2 days all good so far
    07-10-2014 12:21 AM
    My Bluetooth is off and still works fine.
    07-10-2014 10:54 AM
    Almost 3 days no issues
    07-10-2014 07:52 PM
    I fixed mine. I had the advanced task killer app set to "crazy" when screen is off. I changed it to "disable" and haven't had the problem since.
    My wife has the same phone, the s5 and never had any issues. As an experiment I asked her to put her task killer to "when screen goes off" and set to crazy, and sure enough, her screen stayed black when trying to turn it on. Only the two white soft keys stayed lit. She put it back to the other setting and it works fine again.
    07-12-2014 02:22 PM
    Just reporting...still no issues..
    07-12-2014 03:38 PM
266 ... 56789 ...