Someone claims to have a fix for Android System battery drain!

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I formatted my new card or not.

How do you check what your SD card is formatted to?

Edit: mine just says the file system is "Generic hierarchical".

SDcardformat.JPG

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to go through the whole reformatting, so I downloaded an SD scanner that works with KitKat and ran it. I also have Pocket, with over 1gb of cached articles (1600 total). Even with KitKat, you can still move apps to SD, so I moved Pocket to SD, moved my cache to SD, and deleted half the articles. This also freed up 1gb from internal storage. Turns out even though you check the box to store cached articles on SD, it will not actually do so unless you move the app to SD first.

Anyway, not sure which one did the trick, but I now have Screen taking the most battery like it should be. But it's still nowhere near what it is on my other devices.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know one of the "Android System" causes has something to do with constant switching between LTE, 4G, and Wifi...idk its weird but this is how I think I fixed mine

When I first got the phone, the Android system was normal, then I installed Juice Defender, tested it for about 1-2 days, and noticed the Android System would jump to 80%, and my battery would drain quiiiick
I uninstalled Juice Defender, and it actually seemed to make battery much much better, even then when I first got it.

This gave me the impression that software adjust battery usage depending on how much you use the phone...the more you use the phone, the software adjusts to your use and doesn't take as much battery

I could be wrong but it worked for me

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had Juice Defender and it drained my battery. Once I uninstalled it my battery got better

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So in addition to what I posted, what do ya'll recommend to do to make Android System a normal battery drainer and screen the highest battery drainer (as it normally is supposed to be).

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Turn off animations in the developers settings, disable the carrier and manufacturer bloatware you won't be using and use a third party launcher such as Nova or Apex. For the display you can choose to set the brightness or let the phone adjust it. Setting the brightness will usually save some battery. The downside to that is you may not get the best quality display possible.

So in addition to what I posted, what do ya'll recommend to do to make Android System a normal battery drainer and screen the highest battery drainer (as it normally is supposed to be).

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
End all battery drain: leave on Ultra Power Saving almost all the time. You can still use telephone calls and messaging.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
End all battery drain: leave on Ultra Power Saving almost all the time. You can still use telephone calls and messaging.

Lol that's a dumb move. Might as well get a freakn flip phone. I already get an average of 1 day 5 hrs total use and 5hrs on screen time... I'm just trying to better that even further.

JennieBee19

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm more then happy with my battery life. Coming from a iphone I was married to my charger. Wasn't able to make it through work without charging and always had the screen so low it was useless outdoors.
Now im getting 20 hrs with average of 5 hrs of usage, with screen brightness set to the middle. My iPhone friends keep commenting how bright my screen is!

Posted via Android Central App

rw40

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been extremely pleased with my battery life. I don't use it heavily but it's still usually around 55% or higher before I go to bed at night (off charger from 7am-10:30pm or so)

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's all remember that when we get a new "toy" we play with is a lot. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 7AM. I used my phone during the day plenty, came home and went to my roof deck and used the phone to play spotify for a couple of hours, went to bed at midnight and the battery was at 37%. So the S5 can be a very productive and used phone for a long day. I disable animations, nothing else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary