04-16-2018 09:57 AM
36 12
tools
    I am having an issue with my S5 ever since I got it. Multiple times throughout the day, I hear a notification sound (like I have a text message) but there is no notification of any sort what so ever whenever I review my phone.

I did not have the issue on my GS4, and I pretty much have all the same apps installed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via Android Central App
    05-15-2016 06:49 AM
    I've never joined these pages til it happened to me and i needed answers.. And i did so i wanted to share.. If you have a flip cover or wallet case for your fone where it holds your bank cards or any type that has a chip. This placed behind the phone makes that bloop sound.. This was my problem hope you found out yours x
    05-15-2016 06:53 AM
    You're a smart one! That's exactly what it is. I had been screwing around with my settings and inadvertently turned on the reminder set to go off EVERY MINUTE when I had ANY *UNREAD* EMAILS/MSGS/MISC NOTIFICATIONS! Needless to say, it was driving me bonkers. There is never ever a time when I don't have any unread emails! I finally figured it out and came here to post it in case someone else had the same problem. You had already posted the solution. Good job! I love it when we can help each other out. 😊
    06-15-2016 09:43 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I did mess with that vision setting yesterday and that started my 1 minute intervals, you thought 5 minutes was bad....UGH!!!!! It's just been a few minutes but I'm sure that was it! So glad I found this!
    09-08-2016 12:43 PM
    Thankyou both my wifes and my phone somehow had sound enabled on the facebook site-slid notifications to off viola!!!!-I dont have to replace the smoke detectors after all!!!!!:
    10-13-2016 05:31 AM
    So awesome! Thank you! Tired of the alerts and my husband saying" someones texting you" evey few minutes. He was starting to think I was lieing when I would look and say there wasn't anything there. lol.
    01-16-2017 12:37 PM
    I am having an issue with my S5 ever since I got it. Multiple times throughout the day, I hear a notification sound (like I have a text message) but there is no notification of any sort what so ever whenever I review my phone.

I did not have the issue on my GS4, and I pretty much have all the same apps installed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-27-2017 11:00 PM
    I have the answer. Settings, notifications, apps allowed to notify you. Turn on contacts, messages.
    Go to your chosen ringtones. Chose a sound and set it as your notification sound. After days of struggle, my 81 year old mother told me how.
    Red faced or what?
    11-27-2017 11:07 PM
    I have the answer. Settings, notifications, apps allowed to notify you. Turn on contacts, messages.
    Go to your chosen ringtones. Chose a sound and set it as your notification sound. After days of struggle, my 81 year old mother told me how.
    Red faced or what?
    Is there any way to turn off all those apps at once and then just turn on contacts and messages?
    12-09-2017 02:16 PM
    I have the S8 and it kept making my notification sound go off every few seconds and was driving me crazy! I turned off notifications from all of my apps, yet it continued. I found that the notification reminder was on. It will continue to give you reminders as long as you have any unread notifications. Go to: settings>accessibility>notification reminders then chose "off". This is a place where no one usually thinks to look. It worked!
    04-16-2018 03:57 AM
    Thanks for the reply but it didn't work for me.
    04-16-2018 09:57 AM
36 12