Galaxy S5: What settings to take the best pictures?

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One of the main reasons I bought this phone was for the camera but indoor photo quality seems to be lacking a bit. What settings do I need to have on (or off) in order to take the best quality of pictures possible - for indoor and outdoor? I've played with it some but can't seem to get the right settings together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: What settings to take the best pictures?

I also has this problem too. The pictures seem a bit blury even with full hd resolution setting.

Posted via Android Central App

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure either, but I really want to know as well. I've been having issues taking good photos. But I know its capable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I love the real time HDR mode. If I'm outdoors, I go with HDR. If it's a low light situation, I go with picture stabilization (which is essentially night mode). I have both of those options as a quick shortcut so I can toggle them on and off without having to drive into the settings. I also tap to focus rather than trust the autofocus, which can be easily confused.

Last edited:

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Picture Stabilization for indoor, low light shots has helped me out a lot. You just have to be patient with the processing time and keep the phone steady.

Sent from my GS5

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Picture Stabilization for indoor, low light shots has helped me out a lot. You just have to be patient with the processing time and keep the phone steady.

Sent from my GS5

This isn't helpful for indoor shots where there is movement since you will get plenty of blurring.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I have both image stabilization and HDR set to "on" even though it takes longer to get a picture. I guess I need to play with it more to see which settings work together the best. I love the outdoor shots but am disappointed in the indoor ones.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems like HDR with Picture Stabilization works wonders for indoors shots. Definitely a lot closer in quality to my iPhone 5s now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis