Samsung Apps (store) missing?

topher#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So new S5 out of the box, it does not seem that the Samsung App store is installed (or at least up to date). It doesn't show up in app drawer and you have no way of seeing/updating all the installed ("purchased") apps until you update this app first. Funny thing is you have to install it from samsungapps.com as an apk - which means allowing installation from unknown sources - not exactly a friendly or intuitive experience, right?

Anyone else experience this? Or perhaps think this is kind of ridiculous for a flagship device like this to come out with such a gaping interface issue like "hey there are a bunch of apps installed on this from Samsung but you have no way of actually managing them?"

Absurd if you ask me.

topher#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - but getting to the store is not the issue. You can also get there a lot easier by going to app drawer, touching the 3 dots menu and selecting Galaxy Essentials instead of your rather obscure method :)

The issue is that once you are there you do not have any way of seeing what is installed from the Samsung Apps store on you device or what apps need updating (like a "My Apps" list in Play Store) until you install this latest Samsung Apps app - which you cannot even get from the store and have to download an apk. It's just poorly executed. Then once you update it and can actually see what apps are installed, there are a bunch of apps listed as installed that aren't actually on my phone and it doesn't even show S-Health is installed - the only Samsung app I actually am playing with. The whole thing is just so amateur and not thought through at all.

If Samsung is trying to replace Play Store they should try harder to make it actually decent.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I think thats a carrier issue. My ATT S5 came with Samsung apps installed and the store is clearly prominent. I opened it and was able to install all my previously paid apps and update the current ones.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think thats a carrier issue. My ATT S5 came with Samsung apps installed and the store is clearly prominent. I opened it and was able to install all my previously paid apps and update the current ones.

Pretty much been the same thing as far back as the S3 and Note 2 series, maybe even before. Some carriers remove it some don't.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

And they more expensive

Posted via Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon Note Pro didn't have the Samsung app store installed either (it's on my Sprint S5).I went to the Samsung site and downloaded the apk to sideload.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That's just irritating. The carrier's remove something that the manufacturer adds, but load their own crapwear on.... same with the carrier removing download booster.

Pretty much been the same thing as far back as the S3 and Note 2 series, maybe even before. Some carriers remove it some don't.

Caleb

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and downloaded samsung apps right off samsungs website, just do some searching on their webiste or do a Google search. Works fine for me even though I hardly ever use it

Posted via the Android Central App

Kikif

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It just won't work for me. Even when I try downloading the missing app manually from Samsung website, there's an error. No clue what to about it. My Gear Fit becomes useless. Fully share the annoyance.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Not in settings. In the app drawer where all your applications are stored.

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.
If that's the page other than my home page where I have specific apps, it's not there either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-14-19-46-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-14-19-46-25.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 21

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Those apps are only a small number of all the apps you have. First you should swipe sideways and see if you can bring up more pages.
Then, long press your homepage in an empty space between two of the app icons. It should give you access to widgets. Select application widget and put it on your homescreen. That should give you access to your application drawer. If AT&T is your provider, it will look like a circle with dots in it.
Good luck. 😜
(nice wallpaper, by the way.)

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Those apps are only a small number of all the apps you have. First you should swipe sideways and see if you can bring up more pages.
Then, long press your homepage in an empty space between two of the app icons. It should give you access to widgets. Select application widget and put it on your homescreen. That should give you access to your application drawer. If AT&T is your provider, it will look like a circle with dots in it.
Good luck. 😜
(nice wallpaper, by the way.)

Thanks, I found it in widgets, I never looked there. Those are just the apps to show you it was missing. I don't know what or where the app drawer is. Thanks that wallpaper comes in a variety of other colors too.
Can it only be a widget?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid