06-22-2017 03:43 PM
146 ... 3456
    Because it isn't working. I have set the message tone on the contact and it still comes through as the default
    05-12-2015 06:44 AM
    TOP TIP: For anyone using custom ringtones/notifications/alarms, make sure that the ringtone/notification/alarm are saved or moved to the correct folder on the Phones internal memory.

There should be 3 folders labelled Alarms, Notifications and Ringtones

The reason for this is that sometimes the phone cannot access sounds on the external SD card quickly enough and therefore reverts to the default sound instead.

In My Files go to Device storage > Ringtones or Alarms or Notifications.
    05-12-2015 07:14 AM
    Ok, so the way I did it was copy the sound that I wanted in .WAV format to the notifications folder on the phone. That worked. It wouldn't work in an MP3 format.
    05-20-2015 02:49 PM
    I set the ringtone I wanted for a contact and it works fine. I set the tone I wanted for messaging for the same contact and I still hear the default tone, but, it shows the tone I selected in the contact info. Explain this one.........
    05-21-2015 12:49 AM
    One thing that you can do (that i did) is download the free app called Zedge. You can get custom ringtones, sorry i know this was posted a year ago but just in case you never got an answer!
    05-22-2015 09:05 PM
    First go into [My Files] on your Samsung Ph. Select [Audio] then on the Menu Button press [select] then either tick [select all] box or just tick the songs you want to copy. Go back into Menu (three vertical dots at top right) and select [Copy]. Once you do this you will automatically be brought to the DEVICE STORAGE screen in which there will be folders. Select the [Notifications] folder and tap [Paste here] key on top right of screen. Go back out of this and get into your [Settings], select [Sound], then [Notifications] - select whichever song you want to assign to notifications and save.

You can follow this same method for copying any songs (or all songs) into your [Ringtones] file folder also.

Hope this helps.
    05-25-2015 03:10 AM
    Glad to find a solution here from FEROCE2003.
    06-17-2015 08:42 AM
    Change your text messaging app you are using from the new "Message+" to the old "Messages". They are already in your apps. Then you can make it work with just one contact and not everyone. Use the instructions from the first part of this topic.
    Ah, thank you! Just got my Galaxy S6, and I have a handful of contacts that I want to have custom ringtones, got them all in the proper folder, added the field, changed the notification, saved the contacts, and it kept using the default. Restarted the phone and finally THIS is what got them all to work. Thank you, thank you!
    06-17-2015 08:45 AM
    Here is how I did it. Go into your contacts. Choose the contact that you want a custom message tone. Edit that contact. At the bottom choose to add additional fields. You can choose to add message ringtone there. When you save from there, you will have that option to change the ringtone. save the contact and you are done.
    You have to import contacts from your Sim card onto your device before you do what goggy59 mentioned.
    07-05-2015 03:48 PM
    I'm trying to make some custom ringtones using my voice recorder on my phone. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the voice recording from my phone to use a notification sounds for messages? I have Zedge account and Zedge DOES NOT recognize the Samsung file type as a valid file either.

NOTE: I prefer to not port the file to Zedge because the arcade sound might be copyrighted? How do I get the sound to my ring tones of notifications.

NOTE: Please make this simply by giving step-by-step directions. This info is not easy to find with simple directions, and nobody gives screen shots.

NOTE: When I go to my contacts or settings my phone will ONLY let me pick a Zedge ringtone/notification as well. There is no option or setting to chose a ringtone from my own phone.
    07-08-2015 06:43 PM

but there is no way to just 'silent' a certain contact right?
    07-17-2015 08:31 AM

but there is no way to just 'silent' a certain contact right?
    Create, or download, a Silent ringtone and assign it to a contact.

Download Silent ringtones to your cell phone - cool silent tones - silence17 | Zedge
    07-17-2015 08:55 AM
    Thank you for this detailed explanation. Very helpful for those new to this style of phone.
    07-28-2015 12:08 PM
    Hi I have recently changed to S5 galaxy and it is driving me crazy with some settings. I am trying to add my own text sound. I have read previous posts but none of the answers have helped as when i go into my files/device storage I DONT have a notifications folder. Yes I have ringtones which I have put my own tune in there but not for text messaging. When in setting in text message they have preloaded sounds but on an ADD button at the bottom. Please help.
    08-02-2015 09:56 PM
    this was how I did it I converted my .mp3 file to a .ogg file, after you convert it to that file you transfer the new .ogg file to your device storage then this what you do
    open your messaging app, tap settings, tap notifications, tap notification sounds, then find the transferred file and BAM.
    I just googled an online .ogg file conversion site and I now i am loving my new xbox achievement unlocked sound
    08-03-2015 02:39 AM
    How to make mp3 tones as text tone.
    This is how I did if you like it to apply to all contacts.
    1. Copy your .mp3 tone to notification foler on your samsung s5.
    2. Go to message, then Message Settings/Settings, then go to notifications.
    under notification sound, when you scroll it, you will find your .mp3 tone.
    3 Select it, and there you go. you now have a customized mp3 text tone.
    Thanks it worked for my Note 3!!
    08-19-2015 04:04 PM
    Thank you very much. Worked for me.
    09-20-2015 11:34 AM
    Is there any option to select songs from your playlist as your message tone?
    09-24-2015 01:00 PM
    Hi Andy
    I have downloaded a ringtone that I want to use as my message tone, but it only appears in my ringtones. How can I transfer it to notifications?
    Go to "my files", "audio", click on the sound you want, up in the right hand corner, click "more", "copy", "devise storage", then the"notification" folder. It should then be available as a notification tone.
    09-26-2015 11:53 PM
    thanks after copying into the notifications folder it appeared in a place where i could choose it. Seriously Thanks again!
    10-26-2015 11:40 PM
    Well i tried all the ideas.. Mine is a samsung galxy 5 thrue at&t as my carrier. And nothing works... pretty disturbing when my partner at work has the same phone and hers works fine... Any help PPPPPPPPPLllease!!!
    11-07-2015 11:25 AM
    thanks for that answer. is there a way to customize the alert to silence? for example, there is a person from whom i want to get messages, but i do not want to hear my usual alert. can this be done? was easy on my old blackberry, and i know you can do it for I-phones
    11-23-2015 09:42 PM
    Mike N Vicky = I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime..just got it. I downloaded songs for the ring tone AND to the Notifications file. I assigned ringtones to contacts and that works great. I now want to assign a "ringtone" to each contact to ring on a text message. I am able to get the songs/tone to my cell phone, but in Notification, it only allows me to choose ONE tone....for all texts. Is there a way around this so that I can assign a notification tone to each contact? I have DL'd several "songs" and they are all there, but it only allows me to choose one for all texts! Any suggestions?
    11-25-2015 10:39 PM
    I save the MP3 to my PC, then plug in my phone, and copy/paste it to the Notification file in the phone.
    Just click open the drive the phone is plugged into. Scroll down to "Notification", highlight it and right click to paste. Then open the NOtification option on your phone...find the song and check the circle. Now that will be what is played when you get a text. I am working on how to assign a tune to each contact for getting a text message from them! I have tunes assigned as ring tones to everyone, but can't figure how to do same for texting.
    11-26-2015 01:49 PM
    Hello people,

So just bought a Galaxy S5 and I have a wierd problem, my custom ringtone starts from about half in. And the phone knows it because the progress bar is filled kind of half. Any thoughts on how i can make it start from the beginning.
    I know the workaround, like extend the ringtone, but i dont really want to do it. Would like an "official" fix.

Cristian Caravan
    11-28-2015 03:11 PM
146 ... 3456