custom ringtone for text message, how? (samsung galaxy s5)

xconwing

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Like the title said, how do you set custom ringtone for text messaging. It seem like only the call ringtone are allowed to use custom ringtone but not for text messaging.

Thanks ahead,
-Andy

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Like the title said, how do you set custom ringtone for text messaging. It seem like only the call ringtone are allowed to use custom ringtone but not for text messaging.

Thanks ahead,
-Andy

To change the notification sound?

Posted via Android Central App

goggy59

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is how I did it. Go into your contacts. Choose the contact that you want a custom message tone. Edit that contact. At the bottom choose to add additional fields. You can choose to add message ringtone there. When you save from there, you will have that option to change the ringtone. save the contact and you are done.

xconwing

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is how I did it. Go into your contacts. Choose the contact that you want a custom message tone. Edit that contact. At the bottom choose to add additional fields. You can choose to add message ringtone there. When you save from there, you will have that option to change the ringtone. save the contact and you are done.

I like it to be for all message though, is that possible?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The app ZEDGE is awesome for custom ringtones, notification tones and wallpapers. You can download a ringtone or wallpaper and select it to be the default...all from the app.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
First of all, for a custom messaging ringtone for everyone, while in your list of messages in messaging, click menu (...), Settings, Notification Sound and then pick your ringtone. For an individual messaging ringtone for a specific contact do what Goggy59 said earlier. You can set them both so a ringtone rings for any message and specific ringtone rings for certain contacts.

Lacey Martin

May 2, 2014
Visit site
First of all, for a custom messaging ringtone for everyone, while in your list of messages in messaging, click menu (...), Settings, Notification Sound and then pick your ringtone. For an individual messaging ringtone for a specific contact do what Goggy59 said earlier. You can set them both so a ringtone rings for any message and specific ringtone rings for certain contacts.

I downloaded the app Zedge. In there you can download anything that is available. From there you're able to set it either for ringtone, notifications, and etc. Hope that helps.

James Johns1

May 17, 2014
Visit site

OK I have don't this with a few contacts, but all I get is the regular message ringtone. None of the custom message ringtones are working. Any clue???

Mike N Vicky Juarez

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I think you can only set specific ringtones for your contacts...unfortuntately, unlike my old Motorola Roker, you can't set specific notifications for each contact. For notifications you're basically stuck with one for all of them.

You can set specific ringtones by editing each contact and then selecting add at the bottom of the screen if you want to put a ringtone that isn't already there. If you have music on your memory card, you can select ringtones from there.

To add notifications that aren't already there, like someone else said, connect to a PC>Computer>Galaxy S5>Notifications...copy and paste what you want in there, like an MP3 song, etc...

You can do the same thing for ringtones if you don't have music on your memory card or don't have the song you want, etc...

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think you can only set specific ringtones for your contacts...unfortuntately, unlike my old Motorola Roker, you can't set specific notifications for each contact. For notifications you're basically stuck with one for all of them.

That is totally wrong. You can have custom calling ringtones AND custom text ringtones for each contact. In your contact list select menu and add in the appropriate field to allow for custom text ringtones. Also you can select any ringtone. I have all my self created ones on my SD-Card and I pretty much only use those. I have a custom ringtone and text tone for every contact in my GS5 the same as I did on my old GSII.

marion udanga

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How to make mp3 tones as text tone.
This is how I did if you like it to apply to all contacts.
1. Copy your .mp3 tone to notification foler on your samsung s5.
2. Go to message, then Message Settings/Settings, then go to notifications.
under notification sound, when you scroll it, you will find your .mp3 tone.
3 Select it, and there you go. you now have a customized mp3 text tone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae