Changing up my text message display - How to?

Meghan Iles

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am the proud new owner of an S5, and have NO idea what I am doing. Am I able to change the colors on my "message"/text message screen? Currently, it is red and white, and pretty plain. I read something online stating you are able to change the display colors on SOME things, but it did not give me any steps and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Please help !

SuburbanStar

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
If you go into your Messages, and go to the Settings, Go into Display, You can change the Bubble style and Background style or even add your own background to your text message screen.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am the proud new owner of an S5, and have NO idea what I am doing. Am I able to change the colors on my "message"/text message screen? Currently, it is red and white, and pretty plain. I read something online stating you are able to change the display colors on SOME things, but it did not give me any steps and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Please help !

You can download different messaging apps from the Play Store which give u more customizability
Try GoSMS or ChompSMS from the Play Store

TaffysMum

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Changing up my text message tone - How to?

can anyone help me? I'm a new Z3 Compact user and as much as I've tried I cannot get the the text tone to work alerting me on text messages. I've installed and chosen from Handscent but still I get no tone.