Change which page is the "home" screen on the S5?

Fyrmat

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hold down on the page you want as the Home page (Until it gets to the point that you can remove apps/short cuts and move them). There is a transparent icon the looks like an Arrow pointing up towards the top of the screen, it is actually a "Home" icon. Touch on the House button and it should fill in with white lines, it will now be your Home page again.

Hope this helps!

Than you thank you thank you.... I messed with this for hours. Much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyd O

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hold down on the page you want as the Home page (Until it gets to the point that you can remove apps/short cuts and move them). There is a transparent icon the looks like an Arrow pointing up towards the top of the screen, it is actually a "Home" icon. Touch on the House button and it should fill in with white lines, it will now be your Home page again.

Hope this helps!

Two years later, your answer helped me too
THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Home screen moved to second page!

Hope this helps!

Easiest and best IMHO
Thanks!

MzBuggy

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks SOOO much for asking this question! My phone does the same thing & it drives me crazy! I used the "hold the screen & the home icon appears" & it was so easy. I would just like thank those who posted answers. A lot of.times the instruction book is nothing but irritating.

Jill Kight

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I have developed this problem as well. My S5 was updated to Android 6.0 a few days ago, and I just noticed that my Home screen is now the second page, inoted of the first page. This is annoying, since I have all of my most used apps set up on page 1. I do not see any way to designate the Home page, either. I'm thinking it's a Mashmallow thing, since my husband's S6 has always shown the second page as the Home page.

Jill Kight

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Home screen moved to second page!

Oh my gosh, you are awesome! Thanks so much. I always thought that arrow was pointing to the discard icon, lol!

Fred Morgan

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Easy Solution....
Home Screen is pretty desinated.
Go to the current homescreen..
LONG TAP and Move to new position..
Rearrange you apps accordingly...
Hope this helps.. FJM

Fu lan

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site