S5 alarm not sounding

Shaamoney

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The alarm does not sound on my s5.

It's the generic clock.

It works if I set an alarm one minute away but normal work alarm does not.

I've tried deleting data and cache but no luck.

Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Shaamoney

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It's quite ridiculous to be honest. Brand new phone and the darn alarm don't work. Having to use my old iPhone as an alarm...

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems, but I use Timely. Wakes me up every morning.

Steve

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a weird issue where the alarm would just dismiss itself as soon as I picked up the phone. I poured through the settings and didn't see anything for that, so I just switched to a 3rd party alarm app which seems to work fine.

branash13

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
With a 3rd party alarm app does the app have to always be running for it to work... by that I mean if the app is closed and I forget to start it back up before I go to bed will it still work?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem the first morning I had the phone, not been a problem since though.

Think it may have been where the phone restored settings from my S3.

Try deleting your alarms and start from scratch.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
With a 3rd party alarm app does the app have to always be running for it to work... by that I mean if the app is closed and I forget to start it back up before I go to bed will it still work?

Nope, phone needs to be powered on, but the app doesn't have to be launched. I believe most of the alarm apps use the API for the alarm, but make the interface more pretty.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
May sound silly, but check the system and notification volumes!!!
I use Dock Clock Plus and it always works! As long as the phone isn't powered down the clock shows on the phone and the alarm goes off! It has it's own volume, customizable alarm tone, starts the clock app at preset time of day and even sounds a different alarm dependent on your location, i.e. when I'm home the alarm goes of 4:00 AM, and when I'm on the road it goes off at 5:00 AM! Great App!

Cheers

Shaamoney

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not finding these particular replies much use.

1) why should we have to install third party apps? It's really poor show that the generic clock does not work. In fact, it's ridiculous. This phone is ?550 sim free and it's less than 14 days old, yet it'd already experiencing problems.

2) I installed droid alarm and it also doesn't work. If these apps are just different GUIs then I'm not surprised they don't work.

I'm really hoping for a technical solution, not suggestions to use third party apps, which in this case also don't work.

It should be shocking for Samsung that I'm having to rely on my iPhone to wake me up.