How many of you guys are on your second or third S5?

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am on my first no problems now but did have to do a factory reset because of an issue with the fingerprint scanner

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

sewnunsense

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I am on my second, about to possibly be third…. first one had no screen after 3 days. Second one force closes every app, won't take updates and my speaker phone is bad.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd. First two had bezel dents, dirt in the camera lens, etc

Even my 3rd one has a warped charging flap

-Sent from Tapatalk

celestial blue

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
On my second and still having the same problem.
Had a BB Z10 previously and had no issues connecting to LTE coverage in remote places (I'm with Bell) but with this S5 the damn signal is dropping for large pockets of time while driving. Getting sick of seeing "searching for network" on my screen. Even been taking screen shots to show my carrier how long it goes before it picks up a signal again. Not at all helpful when my job has me on the road and needing to be reached while driving (never mind that I like to use Waze for my GPS and can only hope I don't get lost in one of these pockets). I can't believe BB was better at something.... coz this S5 has been disappointing.

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my 1st one where hitting the power on/off button does not fully turn the screen on, just the 2 buttons at the bottom of the phone.

tonight I started noticing serious lag and the phone hanging up. had to pull the battery several times now.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So far (knock on plastic) my second S5 is doing okay, only time will tell. Reading posts on this forum you hear about the USB charger flap pulling or breaking off, the camera lens cracking because it's just glass, SD cards not staying in etc etc.Quality control is not strong with Samsung,and yet.....I still like them....dunno why...I guess I am just so accustomed to using Samsung products.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
So people who buy a S5 now will this be newer updated ones compared to launch? Mine has been good but I'm planning get one for the wife and don't want get her one that has issues

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they will be newer or updated more than the one you have. When they handed me my phone it wanted an update right off the bat, most phones are like that, if there's an update available your phone will download it

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to take mine back.

I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom only to see my s5 rebooting every 3 seconds and hanging on the 'sprint spark' screen.

I'm back to using my trusty s2 until the weekend.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This. It's inevitable that some people will get a lemon.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

My first 2 had camera bezel dents, dust under camera lens, and my current one has a warped flap. Samsung quality is going to crap

-Sent from Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae