My thoughts on the s5

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So, I am an S4owner. I didn't entirely enjoy the S4 so I waited on the S5. Its not a bad phone, trust me but it was definetly not a very good one either. (My opinion, that is.). The build quality is more of the same from Samsung, with the easily damaged "chrome trim" and the display had the little gap in the top that my S4 has that collects dust. The back plate is awesome. They did a great job with it. It feels leaps and bounds better in the hand. Now, the performance of the phone. You definetly cannot say this phone is slow. But its lacking. It just does not have the fluidity of the iPhone. Again that's my opinion. I just wish Samsung would fix a few things, and they would have a killer phone on their hands. So that's my rant on the S5, and tell me how your experience has been, negative or positive?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My experience with the s5 had been great.Do i think the phone is perfect? No, but as of right now this phone fits my needs and so far I haven't ran into any issues ( fingers crossed).

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My experience with the s5 had been great.Do i think the phone is perfect? No, but as of right now this phone fits my needs and so far I haven't ran into any issues ( fingers crossed).

Yeah it definetly felt like a good phone, I just feel there is better for the money.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I "definitely" think it's a great phone. mine is always in a cover with a screen protector so I can sell it in great shape when I get another. thus, build does not matter. I got it for the camera, but love the battery life and waterproof isn't a bad gig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Every phone has its' pluses and minuses.
You just have to choose the right one for you.

You must reach the highest level of inner peace before this is possible lol. Really though I totally agree. Every flagship has is dis/advantages.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone. It's got great specs, the camera and camera software are the best (right now) and the S5 has arguably the best display. My S5 doesn't have the lag some people are experiencing and it has a really great feel to the build...considering it's plastic. My battery life has really been awesome. I just can't say enough about this device.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I personally think the S5 is a great device and no doubt has a better grip than my S4. I have no issues with my S5, and I'm glad that I upgraded.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone. It's got great specs, the camera and camera software are the best (right now) and the S5 has arguably the best display. My S5 doesn't have the lag some people are experiencing and it has a really great feel to the build...considering it's plastic. My battery life has really been awesome. I just can't say enough about this device.

Glad to hear someone having a great experience with the phone. I left that part out of my original post, the camera is better than the s4, and much better than the moto x.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I love the device and I have experimented with just about every new phone on the market. I like the plastic design. Most will have it in a case so I get a kick out of people bringing this up but When and if I drop my phone if the case if off, the impact will be dispersed better than with the metal phones and my screen won't shatter like the Iphone. So that is a plus. Also being able to carry a spare battery is great for weekend camping and getaways. Best display on the market. Period. Expandable memory. My schedule is not so tight that the millisecond of lag that most phones have, isn't going to throw my whole day off. LG G2 is a close 2nd in my humble opinion.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as plastic phones I think the S5 by far feels the best. The ultra flimsy cover found on previous S phones felt terrible but the S5 made a giant leap forward.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol