Are these gaps normal?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Task killers also drain battery..... Despite people and developers thinking/claiming they save battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Task killers also drain battery..... Despite people and developers thinking/claiming they save battery.

But...I keep my ram below 50%.....without them it gets up to the 90's and says my device is low on memory. Then what? Also my battery only drains 3% an hour on average at moderate use (2-3 hours on spotify) 30 minutes of game or so, dozens of texts and some phone calls , facebook etc. After 17 hours I still have around 40% when I go to bed...is that bad?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I remember installing this when I first switched to android a few years ago and was warned it does more harm than good.

mnuttall87

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the consensus for something like Lookout is it really isn't needed if you are only downloading/installing things from the Play Store. If you are pulling lots of files from "unknown sources" then maybe you need it, otherwise a little common sense will go a long ways.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Empty ram is wasted ram. Clearing apps from your ram does absolutely nothing to benefit you. TouchWiz isn't as good at optimizing ram as other phones, so that may be why you think you need it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But...I keep my ram below 50%.....without them it gets up to the 90's and says my device is low on memory. Then what? Also my battery only drains 3% an hour on average at moderate use (2-3 hours on spotify) 30 minutes of game or so, dozens of texts and some phone calls , facebook etc. After 17 hours I still have around 40% when I go to bed...is that bad?

It won't say it's low on RAM... Android will free up the RAM if it needs it.. Clearing it just causes more drain since it has to reload the app into RAM the next time you open it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante