Am I running bad and or outdated apps? App Killer, Clean Master, 1 tap cleaner and lookout?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.

I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.

I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?

I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah I think my phone is running better without all that crap. I'm not going to do anything unless I have a performance issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech