I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.
    04-30-2014 05:45 PM
    I wouldn't use task killers.. They aren't needed. Used RAM on Android is a good thing. This article explains it well.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    bgask1717 likes this.
    04-30-2014 05:47 PM
    I always thought they were helpful. If my ram is down to 300mb or whatever, I use advanced task killer and it jumps up to 800-1000. I use The cleaners and one tap to manage junk etc, usually cleans 500mb or so...and it shows....I use lookout for security, it takes a pic of someone trying to unlock my phone and also if I lose it, it will help me find it etc, also backs up my pics etc.

So....what I did with my Moment and Epic and S3 may not apply any more?

When I didn't use them on my S3, I would get messages that I was out of ram memory.
    I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.
    04-30-2014 06:30 PM
    I posted some links into the other post you asked, but what were you running on your S3 that was causing those messages? But I would definitely agree that what was necessary on the Moment and Epic are not necessary on the S5. As a test, why don't you remove the task killer and cleaner and go a week without checking memory usage. You might be surprised what you find.
    I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?
    05-01-2014 09:06 AM
    Clean master is the only app I'd keep.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
    05-01-2014 11:35 AM
    I deleted them, so I'll give it a test run and see. What apps if any utility wise do you suggest?
    I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

Posted via Android Central App
    05-01-2014 12:34 PM
    I don't use any, but will clear all tasks from task switcher every so often just to keep it a manageable length. If I have to scroll but so much it's likely quicker for me to just launch the app from the launcher (I use Action Launcher).

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah I think my phone is running better without all that crap. I'm not going to do anything unless I have a performance issue.
    05-01-2014 02:15 PM