what launcher can I use to make the S5 feel like the 5S?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
What launcher can I use to make the S5 feel like the S5?

I'm getting the S5 as a gift for someone who current has the 5S. Her 5S is almost useless because of a cracked screen. I figured it's the perfect time to force her to switch to the Android world.

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Just look up io7 themes in the play store. There are apps that allow you to emulate things like control center but they can ruin the experience as they can be buggy.

My wife just came from an iphone 5 and what I did for her was install the following:

Google Now Launcher
Textra- Turned off dark theme and enabled MMS for group chat.
SwiftKey
Google Keep

I deleted or disabled every single app that she wasn't going to use to reduce the confusion when it came to sharing content including the stock messaging app.
Enabled photo backup in Google photos.
Turned off picasa albums on account settings.

After that, the only tutorial I gave her was the slide to call or message in the dialer and her accustomed to using the LED and notification center as opposed to looking at badges on her homescreens.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting the S5 as a gift for someone who current has the 5S. Her 5S is almost useless because of a cracked screen. I figured it's the perfect time to force her to switch to the Android world.

You can find some on the play store, but most are for novelty and not completely functional. I've played with some and they slow the phone down, have ads, malware, and generally make the phone buggy. IMHO, you would be doing her a disservice by using it. If you want something simple than touchwiz, use nova launcher for a vanilla android feel.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
There are dozens of videos on YouTube to help people transitioning from iOS to Android. Most people I've seen have been happy once they learn their way around and some tricks and tips. Again YouTube is a great resource! Hope that helps. Great gift BTW!

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

What's the point of getting her an S5 just to make it "look and act" like a 5S?

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX