Facebook Notifications Problem?

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey sorry of this thread has been done before but any other s5 users having issues getting their Facebook notifications?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey sorry of this thread has been done before but any other s5 users having issues getting their Facebook notifications?

I get the notification on the App Icon itself, and on my galaxy gear, but not my phone notification bar. However I think this is a Facebook App problem. I have noticed they have made some changes recently, and I also noticed when I went to review the app after the changes I wouldn't let me say "Unable to leave feedback because you are using a beta addition of this application" or something along those lines. Not using a beta addition to my knowledge lol. I have a feeling it's more of a Facebook app problem than a phone problem.

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I get the notification on the App Icon itself, and on my galaxy gear, but not my phone notification bar. However I think this is a Facebook App problem. I have noticed they have made some changes recently, and I also noticed when I went to review the app after the changes I wouldn't let me say "Unable to leave feedback because you are using a beta addition of this application" or something along those lines. Not using a beta addition to my knowledge lol. I have a feeling it's more of a Facebook app problem than a phone problem.

Yeah I kind of assumed it was the app. Just wanted to see if it was just I had a bad upload and needed to read download the application or not

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I honestly haven't tried re-installing it at all. Might try that, because I really want to tell them how terrible the new set up is (aka I can't sort my main feed the way I want to anymore =P).

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't the FB app had this problem for over 2 years? Seems as though that has always been an issue, no matter what device.

Posted via Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't the FB app had this problem for over 2 years? Seems as though that has always been an issue, no matter what device.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, there is always some issue with it it seems.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I get audio alerts when I'm personally tagged or commented on in a Facebook posting.

If someone simply "likes" something I posted, I just get a little pop-up icon in the status bar and on my Facebook App Icon on the springboard/launcher.

I also get a notification numebr on my Facebook Widget.

I suggest you guys open up Facebook App, and then press and hold the Phone's Menu button. You'll see a pop-up menu at the bottom for "Settings, Log Out, About and Report a Problem." In the Settings menu, scroll down to the Notification settings and toggle on/off all the different types of Notifications you want activated. There are alot of Notification Toggles there ,so pick and choose whichever ones you want.

Arcadias1795

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Facebook notifications have always been hit and miss for me. If you're using the TouchWiz launcher, though, you will see when you have a new notification on the app itself, regardless if you receive a notification or not.

Another thing that I have noticed is that if I use Facebook on another device such as the computer, that the notifications for messages and whatnot will stop going to my phone. So if you surf the web often, just pop on Facebook on your phone once you're done and you should continue getting them there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae