What Percent Of Reported "Problems" Are, In Fact, Some Form Of User Error?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
In reading through this and other forums it occurs to me that probably 80%+ of difficulties and reported problems with these phones is really nothing more than ignorance about one or more features or the correct function of these pieces of technology. This is not to suggest that there aren't some unambiguous cases of a genuinely bad phone or buggy software but I'm convinced that the real incidence of these kinds of things is far, far lower than we see on forums such as this.

FTR I'm on my first S5 and it's been flawless. Prior to that I can say the same thing about my former HTC DNA (other than a loose sim card tray that caused intermittent loss of contact with the sim card...a small piece of scotch tape on the back of the sim card took care of that, BTW).

Tech help guys at the carrier stores must go nuts with this kind of stuff.

"Sir, my phone is defective, it won't turn on when I press the buttons on the left side of the unit."

"There's something wrong with my screen...it's only showing black and white even though I have it in ultra power saving mode" LOL

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think some problems are legit but more are user error. Some people like to download every app that's recommended and simply change stuff they shouldn't or delete something that should stay.

Just my opinion though.

Posted via Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
In reading through this and other forums it occurs to me that probably 80%+ of difficulties and reported problems with these phones is really nothing more than ignorance about one or more features or the correct function of these pieces of technology. This is not to suggest that there aren't some unambiguous cases of a genuinely bad phone or buggy software but I'm convinced that the real incidence of these kinds of things is far, far lower than we see on forums such as this.

FTR I'm on my first S5 and it's been flawless. Prior to that I can say the same thing about my former HTC DNA (other than a loose sim card tray that caused intermittent loss of contact with the sim card...a small piece of scotch tape on the back of the sim card took care of that, BTW).

Tech help guys at the carrier stores must go nuts with this kind of stuff.

"Sir, my phone is defective, it won't turn on when I press the buttons on the left side of the unit."

"There's something wrong with my screen...it's only showing black and white even though I have it in ultra power saving mode" LOL

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially when I read, This battery life sucks, I am only getting a day and half out of it. lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As with any phone some is the phone.. Some will get lemons..

Some is user error simply due to them not having all the knowledge. Remember not everyone is phone crazy like some of us :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith