Wrong Weather on Galaxy S5

Denna Mensch

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Android. I've been using iphone for years so maybe this is a very basic question ........ the outside temperature shows on my smaller window of new phone but its incorrect. I tried going into Settings - Application Manager - All - Weather - Force Stop ............... it doesn't work the temperature is still showing incorrectly. I bought the phone in VA but live in SC and I think it defaulting to VA area. HELP ???

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android. I've been using iphone for years so maybe this is a very basic question ........ the outside temperature shows on my smaller window of new phone but its incorrect. I tried going into Settings - Application Manager - All - Weather - Force Stop ............... it doesn't work the temperature is still showing incorrectly. I bought the phone in VA but live in SC and I think it defaulting to VA area. HELP ???

This Lockscreen Widget seems to be using your Location Settings to update, so if you have the location disabled (as you should to avoid battery drain) then it's useless, I mean I set every possible way this, I set my Weather App to update every 3 hours and it was doing so, but I noticed that the Lockscreen information only was updated when I used the Location Settings and not an Specific pre-Defined city, so I simply removed it and rely on my Homescreen Widgets.

Samsung's mistake was to removed the Lockscreen Widgets options, I've heard that it's related to the Fingerprint implementation, but there is no official words about this so it's simple speculations, if it's true then they should find a way to allow the widgets even when the FingerPrint option is selected as your Screen Security.

TechiePilot

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Settings --> Device --> Lock Screen --> Additional Information

Turn Off

The 66F or other unchanging temperature/weather will disappear.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss