Anyone else feel like the camera could be better?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have noticed though is that the pics will be come a bit grainy IF you do not have good lighting...for example...if ur taking pics in a gloomy basement without much light, the pics will be grainy, but other than that, the camera is amazing

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
That's a good pic, what do you feel is wrong with it? You can also enhance it through editing and it makes it a bit more crisp, also is the sun behind you? Meaning, are you blocking the natural sunlight?

No i made sure the sun was on it

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have taken pictures and the pic quality is the best of all the smartphones I've owned. Reviews about the S5 have all been positive... raving about how good the camera is as well. Perhaps there is something we with your camera or the camera software.

God I hope not

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The only struggle I am having is cropping. I can never fit the entire subject of what I shot within the crop lines.....and they don't spread out very far at all.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My only gripe is the front camera. Back camera seems to be ok.

Posted via Android Central App

Remember the back one is 16MP and the front one is like 4 or something.

The Galaxy S5 has a great low-light mode that makes taking photos at night without a flash pretty easy. However, it does take a good few seconds to take a photo.

This is because something called Picture Stabilisation is enabled. It’s an alternative to real optical image stabilisation, and merges a bunch of shots to improve low-light performance.

To turn it off, press the cog Settings icons to the bottom-left of the screen and tap the picture stabilisation entry that pops up. Without stabilisation your low-light photos will be a bit noisier.
Read more at Galaxy S5 Tips, Tricks and Secret Features - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Your reference of ‘Grainy’ might be a higher ISO setting in some lower light photos. This isn’t unique to this camera. The very best cameras perform better at higher ISO settings than more entry level and lower image sensor sized cameras.

I believe you can manually control the ISO in this camera though. I haven’t yet myself. I believe it was one of the fewish manual controls available though (no shutter, aperture control). The cost will be darker photos that may or may not ‘enhance’ after taken to be presentable. Tinker with it.

I personally don’t use higher ISO in my dedicated stills cameras even though they are well regarded for their price point for their ISO performance. It just looks bad to me. I prefer to shoot lower ISO with RAW and see what I can do afterward in Adobe Lightroom (I’m not much of a photographer anyway).

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
supercross2.jpg
You see that picture is still grainy and so is the pizza picture even after I saved it to my phone i mean maybe it's enough for you guys so enough is enough but I'm totally expecting something better from a 16mp camera

The food pic is grainy? Are you serious? Is this grainy?

Courtenay Dawn

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I find with the camera is that it's dark sometimes. That's when auto flash is on, off, and on. But I'm not complaining. It could have been the lighting in the room I was using.

Posted via Android Central App Using Samsung Galaxy S5

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not happy with indoor night pics my evo lte blew it away. No flash and its dark and grainy flash on white washes everything close.

Sent from my Galaxy 3 Tab with Tapatalk.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think outside pictures are great. So far I'm just a bit disappointed in the low light pictures (just inside my house). It can be daytime with the shades open, and pictures of my daughter still look grainy. I wonder if my settings are off?

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I think outside pictures are great. So far I'm just a bit disappointed in the low light pictures (just inside my house). It can be daytime with the shades open, and pictures of my daughter still look grainy. I wonder if my settings are off?

That's what on saying. I think I have to tinker with the settings even though I've tried, idk what looks best

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
No way! That's clearer than the rest that one has detail! I can snap shot the food pics I think it's the way they were loaded top the forum for me because they really look awful

But then again the Starbucks picture was pretty damn good

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
OKAY CHECK THIS OUT the first is a screen shot and second is the actual photo am I the only one who sees a difference??

Attachments

• 1398999815227.jpg
    1398999815227.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 48
  • 1398999899611.jpg
    1398999899611.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 48

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had the s3 s4 and now s5 and all the camera's have been meh...They have improved but still it just seems harder to get a good pic quickly compared to other devices.Is still a great camera though.
Plus i'm getting a greenish colour in the centre of the shot indoors.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have literally had zero of these problems. This cameras reviews have claimed it is the first camera to be as good or better than the 5s. Remember all megapixels means is how big you can blow up the picture before it starts distorting and zooming I believe. An 8MP camera can be better than a 16MP, 20MP, 40MP in actually picture quality depending on the screen size. One thing about the iPhone phone is remember, it has good resolution on the 5s and is smaller than the S5. I think to many people expect to much out of a phone camera. I have read that different people have had different results using other camera software/programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad