Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

bsadmw

May 2, 2014
Visit site
If you're referring to Car Mode, pull down the notifications and touch the 4 square boxes in the top right corner for a full list, then select Car Mode and it'll walk you through setting it up.

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I managed to set this up, but then went and unticked every option in an attempt to get the phone to stop reading out callers names even when not in hands free mode. But now when I try to turn hands free mode on it says I have to enable at least one option first, takes me to the settings page, but all of the options are greyed out and I can't select them! It seems like all of these Samsung voice things are so interlinked its impossible to get the phone to do what you want, I have no idea what other option I have ticked somewhere that's preventing me from using hands free mode! Anyone got any ideas?

Wish I could help. On my Note 3 I can use voice control to say "answer" or "reject" when a call is coming in. On my S5 if I set that option it works, but it also speaks out the caller ID name/number. I've tried every option and there is no way to turn it off. It's the main reason why I use my Note 3 more than my S5. Very frustrating.

jonesajj

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a galaxy a s5 with AT&T as my provider. I just talk to a manager name Kenny that said the company decided not to have that feature on the s5 for for safety reasons.

jonesajj

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If you gave AT&T as your provider they have disabled that feature as a company for safety reasons. Just got off the with a manager name Kenny about that question.

Walter Boen

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T and when I go to the upper right hand corner and then click the 4 square boxes there is no car mode.

Marbler

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Note 4 and AT&T has done the same thing. I use Hands-free mode all the time. What part of "Hands-free" does my carrier NOT understand. This infuriates me.

Does anyone know how to get around this. Will rooting my phone allow me to regain access to this lost feature somehow???

BillDennes

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This change is why I cling to my S4. I want an S5, but I'm apparently not coordinated enough to hold my phone up in camera mode and also reach the take-a-picture button on the screen without messing up the aim of the shot. Saying "Shoot" is a WHOLE lot easier.

I'm hoping that the third-party crowd will come through with an app for the S5 that matches Voice Commands.

mablogic

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. It was calling out the name/numbers of incoming calls and in an effort to turn that off, i ticked off all the options in hands free mode. Now i want to enable handsfree mode but all options are grayed out and i cant figure out how to enable it. I have tried couple of third party car mode / drive mode applications but all are useless. HELP plz

Carol League

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Wish I could help. On my Note 3 I can use voice control to say "answer" or "reject" when a call is coming in. On my S5 if I set that option it works, but it also speaks out the caller ID name/number. I've tried every option and there is no way to turn it off. It's the main reason why I use my Note 3 more than my S5. Very frustrating.

Go to accessibility under settings. In my settings it is in the "My Phone" settings. Turn off the Service "Talk Back". It is for people with vision problems.

bamsemh

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5: What happened to "hands free" mode?

yeah, its more safe to pick up ur phone and get killed or kill ppl in traffic ;) the providers are trolling and apple loving. that is the only reason.

angelface19562005

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
There is a "voice command" for the Samsung Galaxy S5 - go into camera and hit the settings button on the left top side of page - it will bring you into the options - YOU HAVE TO SCROLL THE PAGE UP MORE - IT IS THERE

angelface19562005

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
bill - go into camera - top left side is the settings - hit the settings - the page will bring up the options - go to right side of page and scroll up - it is hidden on the page - IT IS THERE!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
bill - go into camera - top left side is the settings - hit the settings - the page will bring up the options - go to right side of page and scroll up - it is hidden on the page - IT IS THERE!

To enable, "Settings", in camera you must first ensure that in phone... Settings > Easy mode... you have selected Standard mode otherwise camera settings will not be displayed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer