Weird camera hue...Anyone else?

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey all.
I've noticed when taking indoor shots with plenty of light and with average light there's a greenish hue in the centre of the screen.Shows up in the pic too after it's taken. Mostly on white and pale colours.Sometimes seems a little pink when there's more light.

Anybody experienced this?

To be honest i'm not that impressed with the camera.

Cheers.

Last edited:

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.
I've noticed when taking indoor shots with plenty of light and with average light there's a greenish hue in the centre of the screen.Shows up in the pic too after it's taken. Mostly on white and pale colours.Sometimes seems a little pink when there's more light.

Anybody experienced this?

To be honest i'm not that impressed with the camera.

Cheers.

I haven't experienced this, my Note 3 always had a yellow hue inside, my S5 does not. Honestly they camera in the S5 has gotten some of the best reviews since the iPhone 5s. Some reviews have said it has passed it. Remember it is just a phone, not a professional camera. But I digress. My pictures have been coming out fantastic. Taken over 2k now.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't experienced this, my Note 3 always had a yellow hue inside, my S5 does not. Honestly they camera in the S5 has gotten some of the best reviews since the iPhone 5s. Some reviews have said it has passed it. Remember it is just a phone, not a professional camera. But I digress. My pictures have been coming out fantastic. Taken over 2k now.

True. It's a great camera for a smartphone but I don't know why my one is worse then my previous galaxies. I'm hoping I'll find something that might fix it. It kinda sucks when I want to take a quick indoor shot of my daughter or something.
Flash does eliminate the weird colour though. We have a 5s as well which is a back up.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
True. It's a great camera for a smartphone but I don't know why my one is worse then my previous galaxies. I'm hoping I'll find something that might fix it. It kinda sucks when I want to take a quick indoor shot of my daughter or something.
Flash does eliminate the weird colour though. We have a 5s as well which is a back up.

What phone did you have previously?

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This may sound a bit silly but are you sure you didn't get something on the lens? it almost sounds like an oily film on the lens from fingerprints or some other foreign substance that came in contact with the lens...If your seeing it in the view finder AND the finished shot it would sound like a lens issue...maybe try a lenses cleaning cloth or spray and see if that helps
I guess it is possible that the lenses has an imperfection.

Cheers

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Nope nothing on the lens. Seems clean as.
The green hue seems to go kind of pink on whites and greys close up in brighter light. Darker light the greenish colour.It's only on close up shots.Other then that it's not visible.
Something going on in the lens somewhere.

SteveMAW

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a small piece of packaging plastic on the lens, did you remove that? It's hard to see but if you wipe your finger over the lens, a corner should pop up.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well it's hard to see but this shot has a pinky tinge in the centre. This was taken inside average light at daytime. The grey colour usually only shows when i take indoor shots at night time with the lights on.

The S5 still does'nt cope very well in low light. None of my galaxies ever have unless the flash is on.

Attachments

• 20140504_101256.jpg
    20140504_101256.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 7

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well it's hard to see but this shot has a pinky tinge in the centre. This was taken inside average light at daytime. The grey colour usually only shows when i take indoor shots at night time with the lights on.

The S5 still does'nt cope very well in low light. None of my galaxies ever have unless the flash is on.

I see it clearly. Mine doesn't do this that I've noticed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton