s5 s-view case not working

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So i just got my s5 great. However when putting the s view case on nothing shows in the screen even when i open it. It still thinks the original case is on. Is there a way i have to activate it to say the s view case us on or should it just recognise it's on. This is really bugging me now any help would be much appreciated cheers

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If there is nothing in your accessories setting for s-view then your phone is not recognizing the case for some reason

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Under Settings / System / Accessories under S View Cover there are three choices:

1. Automatic Unlock (flip the cover open to unlock the screen when secure lock is turned off)
2. S View Window Wallpaper
3. Select items to show (weather, pedometer

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Under Settings / System / Accessories under S View Cover there are three choices:

1. Automatic Unlock (flip the cover open to unlock the screen when secure lock is turned off)
2. S View Window Wallpaper
3. Select items to show (weather, pedometer

I think the problem is he is not seeing these options so the case is either faulty or not fitted correctly assuming the phone is ok

zerajera

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem. When I look inside the case I only have two gold contacts where other photo's I've seem have five contacts. Looks like my case is a rip off!

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of cases going around resemble the S View, but they're not. The S View has 2 gold chips on the inside with the
rubber casket for water resistance.

zerajera

May 2, 2014
Visit site
My S5 recognises the View case as the case options only appear in accessories setup panel when it's fitted. The problem I have is that it's not charging with the Samsung Wireless S Charger Pad I've just bought. I'm using the Samsung S5 2A charger, the pad's light appear as the manual but when I place the phone on top the charger doesn't recognise it and of course it doesn't charge.

Any ideas?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The S view case has, I believe 2 chips, the charging case has a row then shaped almost like an L. The SView and Charging case are different. Could you double check the chips on the inside cover?

Last edited:

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem. When I look inside the case I only have two gold contacts where other photo's I've seem have five contacts. Looks like my case is a rip off!
I have the Samsung case and it has two contacts. The case with more contacts has the wireless charging built in. A few are in the hands of consumers now so you could have seen a picture of that one.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My S5 recognises the View case as the case options only appear in accessories setup panel when it's fitted. The problem I have is that it's not charging with the Samsung Wireless S Charger Pad I've just bought. I'm using the Samsung S5 2A charger, the pad's light appear as the manual but when I place the phone on top the charger doesn't recognise it and of course it doesn't charge.

Any ideas?

Doe the box say wireless charging on it? There are 2 versions of the S-view case.

as for the OP, he probably got a fake case. There are Lots of them out in the market, and they look like the real deal.

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually bought a fake case initially to try. It has no contacts and it did respond to the onscreen menus. Then I purchased the original case and I didn't even have to go into the settings to change anything. As soon as the case was on the phone recognized it and automatically went into setting up the case. Be aware of imitations, they are cheap has no casket and no contacts on the case.

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is running a special in store right now, I got the S-view charging case and OEM QI charger for $80. They work perfectly. My phone immediately recognized the case and asked me to pick a wallpaper.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So i just got my s5 great. However when putting the s view case on nothing shows in the screen even when i open it. It still thinks the original case is on. Is there a way i have to activate it to say the s view case us on or should it just recognise it's on. This is really bugging me now any help would be much appreciated cheers

is it an original samsung accessory?

a lot of fake ones and third party ones dont have this feature

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

That it's the wireless charging case which doesn't come out until June 6th. Unless it's not mass by Samsung then it's a different case

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That it's the wireless charging case which doesn't come out until June 6th. Unless it's not mass by Samsung then it's a different case

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Considering I have the wireless case on write now I would say your June 6th date is incorrect.

zerajera

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I made an assumption that it was a charging case as it had contacts but I guess that's used for the s view functionality. It is an original case. My mistake - looks like I'll need to buy ANOTHER case when the charger version is out!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy