11-04-2017 11:10 PM
40 12
tools
    So i just got my s5 great. However when putting the s view case on nothing shows in the screen even when i open it. It still thinks the original case is on. Is there a way i have to activate it to say the s view case us on or should it just recognise it's on. This is really bugging me now any help would be much appreciated cheers

Posted via Android Central App
    05-02-2014 06:50 AM
    If you go into settings and select accessories there's some options there for the S-View Case
    05-02-2014 07:35 AM
    All I have in there is audio output

05-02-2014 07:44 AM
    ???

05-02-2014 08:48 AM
    If there is nothing in your accessories setting for s-view then your phone is not recognizing the case for some reason
    05-02-2014 09:53 AM
    Under Settings / System / Accessories under S View Cover there are three choices:

1. Automatic Unlock (flip the cover open to unlock the screen when secure lock is turned off)
    2. S View Window Wallpaper
    3. Select items to show (weather, pedometer
    05-02-2014 10:04 AM
    Under Settings / System / Accessories under S View Cover there are three choices:

1. Automatic Unlock (flip the cover open to unlock the screen when secure lock is turned off)
    2. S View Window Wallpaper
    3. Select items to show (weather, pedometer
    I think the problem is he is not seeing these options so the case is either faulty or not fitted correctly assuming the phone is ok
    05-02-2014 10:14 AM
    Hi. There is no option there for the s view options

05-02-2014 10:22 AM
    Hi,

I have the same problem. When I look inside the case I only have two gold contacts where other photo's I've seem have five contacts. Looks like my case is a rip off!
    05-02-2014 10:42 AM
    I know a lot of cases going around resemble the S View, but they're not. The S View has 2 gold chips on the inside with the
    rubber casket for water resistance.
    05-02-2014 10:46 AM
    My S5 recognises the View case as the case options only appear in accessories setup panel when it's fitted. The problem I have is that it's not charging with the Samsung Wireless S Charger Pad I've just bought. I'm using the Samsung S5 2A charger, the pad's light appear as the manual but when I place the phone on top the charger doesn't recognise it and of course it doesn't charge.

Any ideas?
    05-02-2014 11:32 AM
    The S view case has, I believe 2 chips, the charging case has a row then shaped almost like an L. The SView and Charging case are different. Could you double check the chips on the inside cover?
    05-02-2014 01:48 PM
    Hi,

I have the same problem. When I look inside the case I only have two gold contacts where other photo's I've seem have five contacts. Looks like my case is a rip off!
    I have the Samsung case and it has two contacts. The case with more contacts has the wireless charging built in. A few are in the hands of consumers now so you could have seen a picture of that one.
    05-02-2014 02:05 PM
    My S5 recognises the View case as the case options only appear in accessories setup panel when it's fitted. The problem I have is that it's not charging with the Samsung Wireless S Charger Pad I've just bought. I'm using the Samsung S5 2A charger, the pad's light appear as the manual but when I place the phone on top the charger doesn't recognise it and of course it doesn't charge.

Any ideas?
    Doe the box say wireless charging on it? There are 2 versions of the S-view case.

as for the OP, he probably got a fake case. There are Lots of them out in the market, and they look like the real deal.
    05-02-2014 02:41 PM
    I actually bought a fake case initially to try. It has no contacts and it did respond to the onscreen menus. Then I purchased the original case and I didn't even have to go into the settings to change anything. As soon as the case was on the phone recognized it and automatically went into setting up the case. Be aware of imitations, they are cheap has no casket and no contacts on the case.
    05-02-2014 03:04 PM
    Verizon is running a special in store right now, I got the S-view charging case and OEM QI charger for $80. They work perfectly. My phone immediately recognized the case and asked me to pick a wallpaper.

05-02-2014 04:11 PM
    So i just got my s5 great. However when putting the s view case on nothing shows in the screen even when i open it. It still thinks the original case is on. Is there a way i have to activate it to say the s view case us on or should it just recognise it's on. This is really bugging me now any help would be much appreciated cheers

is it an original samsung accessory?

a lot of fake ones and third party ones dont have this feature
    05-03-2014 01:02 AM
    Hi,

That it's the wireless charging case which doesn't come out until June 6th. Unless it's not mass by Samsung then it's a different case

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    05-03-2014 06:20 PM
    That it's the wireless charging case which doesn't come out until June 6th. Unless it's not mass by Samsung then it's a different case

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Considering I have the wireless case on write now I would say your June 6th date is incorrect.

05-03-2014 07:34 PM
    I made an assumption that it was a charging case as it had contacts but I guess that's used for the s view functionality. It is an original case. My mistake - looks like I'll need to buy ANOTHER case when the charger version is out!!!
    05-06-2014 07:00 AM
    I have this problem every now and then, as well as not seeing s - view options under settings/accessories. Unfortunately it's a matter of resetting the phone, then it's back to normal. LAME right? Hopefully the bug will be fixed in the next update, unless some one finds another fix.
    05-14-2014 10:56 AM
    I have this problem every now and then, as well as not seeing s - view options under settings/accessories. Unfortunately it's a matter of resetting the phone, then it's back to normal. LAME right? Hopefully the bug will be fixed in the next update, unless some one finds another fix.
    This is what is happening to me now

I can do wireless charging, but the S-View auto wake on/off screen stops randomly working and only a reboot can fix it.

Even when I go to Settings and accessories, it doesn't show any S-View options till I reboot

I only notice this happening randomly when putting it on the wireless charging pad

-Sent from Tapatalk
    05-14-2014 11:08 AM

Any ideas?
    I made an assumption that it was a charging case as it had contacts but I guess that's used for the s view functionality. It is an original case. My mistake - looks like I'll need to buy ANOTHER case when the charger version is out!!!
    It's already out in the states

Hi. There is no option there for the s view options

That means your case isn't being recognized at all. Do you have any metal contacts in the back of your case?

-Sent from Tapatalk
    05-14-2014 11:17 AM
    I think i need to post here too, Today a got an S View Cover(case) and its not recognizing it, i checked accessories and nope. Also i dont think it has metal contacts on its back, what can I do ? anyone able to help me?
    05-22-2014 12:55 PM
    That isn't an OEM S View case (Samsung). It's probably a knock off. Some it says to go to a website and download info. I had one, totally useless, it was in chinese, LOL. Was really cheap. Now, i am getting original cases from China for 14.99 though Ebay. BUT always make sure they're OEM. It takes 2 weeks to receive, but heck, for that price i can wait. and yes they are OEM I already have 1 and works excellent.
    05-22-2014 01:08 PM
40 12