Galaxy S5: No access to keypad during phone calls!

Marc Wilson 57

May 2, 2014
Visit site
My S5 is from EE, and has a big cartoony picture of whoever you're calling taking up most of the screen, plus a couple of buttons.

I'm not sure how to change this- none of the options are obvious. How can I access the keypad during a voice call?

mnuttall87

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Does your dialer look like this?
pSvrJZa.jpg

It should have the "keypad" option at the bottom. If not, you should be able to hold down on the left capacitive button and that will bring up the options menu.

Maverick9614

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Good news: it can be fixed!
Bad news: it is a little bit of a pain.

I got this the day after activating my phone and the only way I was able to clear it was to back up my data and do a factory reset. You will lose all your passwords and accounts, but the issue will go away.
I haven't had this problem again in the 2 weeks since.

Warthog37

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem up until 5min ago.

1) Go to your drop down tool box menu
2) Select car mode to turn it on
3) Exit out of car mode
4) Return to the drop down tool box menu to turn off the car mode.
5) Try calling your voicemail now.

It fixed both my keypad-less calls, and automatic speaker phone.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my dialer looks like that. I have the latest kitkat 4.4.4. I do not have access to my dialer at all during calls. I've factory reset twice and hard reset once already. Safe mode does not help much, it did for a very brief period. Then, became useless. Any solutions? It's Galaxy s5 G900V

Carrie Hall

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
My phone is a new unlocked Verizon and I'm using T-mobile (just got it yesterday). I could access and use keypad but no calls I made could recognize the entries. Because I saw this issue here but didn't quite want to do a factory reset yet, I called my T-mobile support and they had me clear my phone cache and data, take out the battery and SIM (which I had done during my configs between my old and new phone) but this last time I did it and powered back up, everything was FINE and the keypad was recognized and worked properly!!!

Don Bosco1

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Go into the phone dial pad screen and go into settings. Look for DTMF Tones. Set it to long and try that. Worked for me.

Queentracy

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I had to register just to say thank u it worked this have been giving me problem for 3 months since I got this phone I can't believe I keep going thru all my settings even open the DTMF but never changed it once again thanks Don Bosco1

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
That fricking Car Mode is like a virus. It keeps reasserting itself until you go into Applications and Disable it and all the component parts.

pholarin

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much Don Bosco1 I joined just to say thank you .Ive been battling with this for over 6 months. I wiped my phone to factory settings 5 times . I decided to try what your wrote it was like a magic.Thanks

kal

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Go into the phone dial pad screen and go into settings. Look for DTMF Tones. Set it to long and try that. Worked for me.

Holy crap!! I have had this phone for almost two years and this issue has been a constant pain in my a$$ the entire time. I thought it was because I rooted my phone right after I got it. Figured I messed something up. Never would have thought of looking at DTMF Tones. Never even knew they were there. Don Bosco, YOU ROCK!!!! Thank you.