Thinking of going with the S5, I do have questions:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I tried using a nexus 5, but it's battery life was a deal breaker for me. I'm also looking for a decent camera, and thought the S5 might be the best option for me. Plus removable battery is kinda cool.

How are you all liking the phone so far? I'm used to stock android, so I'm nervous going to touch wiz. Has the software improved? Is it vastly different to stock?

Also, since there's only 10gb available, what can I put on the SD card?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Camera is the best on a phone on the market today. They have made a lot of changes to touchwiz, although I still use Nova Prime. As far as the sd card goes, you can store just about anything you want there. GREAT PHONE.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I really like mine, I got it a week after it was released and came from the iPhone 5s. My battery life has been good although if I've been playing with it a lot, by the end of the day it is about 25%. I think the camera takes great pictures, especially outdoors but I'm still trying to get the right settings together to take the best low light pictures. I've never had an Android phone so I have nothing to compare Touch Wiz to but I have no complaints. I got a 32gb sd card (wish I got the 64) on Amazon and have movies, music and pictures on it already. I'm not sure if you can put apps on it, I thought I saw somewhere that you can't. I'm sure there are better people than me to give you more info but I wanted to let you know that I'm happy with it and don't miss my iPhone at all.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I really like mine, I got it a week after it was released and came from the iPhone 5s. My battery life has been good although if I've been playing with it a lot, by the end of the day it is about 25%. I think the camera takes great pictures, especially outdoors but I'm still trying to get the right settings together to take the best low light pictures. I've never had an Android phone so I have nothing to compare Touch Wiz to but I have no complaints. I got a 32gb sd card (wish I got the 64) on Amazon and have movies, music and pictures on it already. I'm not sure if you can put apps on it, I thought I saw somewhere that you can't. I'm sure there are better people than me to give you more info but I wanted to let you know that I'm happy with it and don't miss my iPhone at all.

This is good to hear . I have a iPhone 5S currently and was wondering how the switch to the galaxy S5 would be.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is good to hear . I have a iPhone 5S currently and was wondering how the switch to the galaxy S5 would be.

If you're on Verizon, just make sure to back up your contacts with their backup app and it's easy to get them onto the S5. The size has taken time to get used to but it's worth it. I like that I can customize it more than Apple products and the camera was important to me also. I don't regret getting this and don't see myself going back to Apple.

LJ Washington

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
RavenSword -- I've been following this thread from day to day and (not to offend) you are over analyzing this phone thing. This is an expensive investment, well luxury actually. But your not buying a house or a car. You get two weeks to try it out, so if it don't fit take it back. If you spend your time in the forums you will nitpicking on things that you may not every use.
Get the thing or get something else, try it out and go from there. Heck this forum has people Tall, Small, Blind, Power Users, Just Callers, XApplers, X Flip Phoners, Dumb and Smart. Options are all over the place. Just get the thing.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
RavenSword -- I've been following this thread from day to day and (not to offend) you are over analyzing this phone thing. This is an expensive investment, well luxury actually. But your not buying a house or a car. You get two weeks to try it out, so if it don't fit take it back. If you spend your time in the forums you will nitpicking on things that you may not every use.
Get the thing or get something else, try it out and go from there. Heck this forum has people Tall, Small, Blind, Power Users, Just Callers, XApplers, X Flip Phoners, Dumb and Smart. Options are all over the place. Just get the thing.

Yeah, I know.

I'm gonna have to probably go back to the nexus 5, though. I can't afford to pay full price for a S5. I'll carry a battery pack with it to deal with nexus 5 battery life if I'm going out for a while.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2