What Do You Think of the Audio?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I watched a one hour S5 video. It was a positive/favorable video but when it came to talking about the audio, he wasn't impressed. In fact, disappointed. He compared a movie clip's audio to the M8. Wow, the M8 was much better! So, are you happy with the audio of the S5?
Thanks,
Monica

steve_bham

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As it's such a small speaker at the back of the phone I pretty much knew the audio would be just ok.

So when I got the phone and tried it, it was ok and what I was expecting. If I'm watching g a movie or music I either use headphones or a blue tooth speaker.

The m8 phone is well know for its audio.

Posted via Android Central App

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
All my phones have had the back speaker so I have a good cupping form to get the most out of it and the S5 is more than capable but isnt spectacular.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's not the best, but its definitely louder than the S4
The one thing I hate about back speakers though is that if you place the phone for example on the bed with the speaker side down, you won't hear calls or notifications coming through because the speaker is covered

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Especially if you're coming from hTc M7 or M8.

It's time for Dual Front Speakers to be STANDARD!!! The reviews on the Sony XPERIA Z2 which has it doesn't come close to the M8 but definitely an improvement.

Not really a fan or EarBuds so I use JBL's micro Wireless speaker.