05-29-2016 12:16 PM
84 1234
tools
    I haven't had a protector on my phone since my Samsung Galaxy S and now several phones later, I just rely on my TPU case to keep my S5 safe. I try to keep things like keys away from my phone in my purse, but I know without a protector, the risk is there. I would love to know more about the glass protectors. It sounds like they don't bubble? I think phones look horrible with bubbles on the screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-11-2014 12:36 PM
    Bull crap to that because I just put one on. I am clean took a shower beforehand. Did it in the bathroom with the steamy shower even letting it set first yet the first screen protector I had to throw away. Tried it again clean steamy shower let it set put it on better yet there is about 6 peaces of dust underneath it.

I see the dust come on when first application even after wiping the screen so good. It is a lost cause but I leave it on defects and all because of all the people hear scaring me with sand scratching the screen.

Your question yes the glass protectors bubble worse than the film ones but what makes them bad is they only give you one so if/when you screw it up you are done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    05-11-2014 12:38 PM
    ^^^ Bull Puckies . Unless you have dust under the glass you won't have bubbles . Or unless the company that's making the glass really sucks , as in not flat .

I picked up and installed a Zagg Glass protector and it couldn't have been easier . And I did it sitting on my couch in the living room no steam lol . Zagg Glass all the way from now on.
    05-11-2014 12:50 PM
    I think the glass screen protectors have made things a lot easier. The cut is very precise and it covers the entire screen.

It's the Note 3. Don't hate.
    05-11-2014 01:01 PM
    I guess you live where there is no dust. I can actually see the dust falling down.

05-11-2014 01:01 PM
    Yeah I just avoided all of this by keeping the factory screen protector on till the guy at BB put on the Zagg protector <g> BTW, I originally went in for a glass Zagg protector. The Samsung guy said the thing about glass screen protectors is they chip/break. He said he has one and it's chipped in several places. I have no experience with them so I just went with the Zagg Invisible-Shield.
    05-11-2014 06:47 PM
    Yeah I just avoided all of this by keeping the factory screen protector on till the guy at BB put on the Zagg protector <g> BTW, I originally went in for a glass Zagg protector. The Samsung guy said the thing about glass screen protectors is they chip/break. He said he has one and it's chipped in several places. I have no experience with them so I just went with the Zagg Invisible-Shield.
    Zagg Glass has a life time Warranty .
    05-11-2014 07:19 PM
    I have no experience with them so I just went with the Zagg Invisible-Shield.
    Been using Zagg Invisible Shield for my last several phones. Goes on easy, no dust, no bubbles. Free replacement if damaged.
    05-11-2014 07:19 PM
    I haven't had a protector on my phone since my Samsung Galaxy S and now several phones later, I just rely on my TPU case to keep my S5 safe. I try to keep things like keys away from my phone in my purse, but I know without a protector, the risk is there. I would love to know more about the glass protectors. It sounds like they don't bubble? I think phones look horrible with bubbles on the screen.

Nah, glass ones don't bubble

That's the worst screen protector. It has the orange peel effect

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    05-11-2014 09:26 PM
    Hi Psych Doc, I am careful too. I used to use a screen protector but they became so dirty so fast. I stopped. Never regretted once.
    skidoo likes this.
    05-11-2014 09:29 PM
    I bought a screen protector for my new Olympus camera back. Got it dusty when putting it on and threw it away. When I bought the S5 the bundle came with a pack of 3 protectors. The sales lady put it on for me perfectly. And I saw her use a trick with scotch tape that I could have used with the camera protector.
    05-11-2014 09:35 PM
    Bull crap to that because I just put one on. I am clean took a shower beforehand. Did it in the bathroom with the steamy shower even letting it set first yet the first screen protector I had to throw away. Tried it again clean steamy shower let it set put it on better yet there is about 6 peaces of dust underneath it.

I see the dust come on when first application even after wiping the screen so good. It is a lost cause but I leave it on defects and all because of all the people hear scaring me with sand scratching the screen.

Your question yes the glass protectors bubble worse than the film ones but what makes them bad is they only give you one so if/when you screw it up you are done.

You get dust bubbles in glass? This doesn't happen with real glass protectors including Zagg and MIME. I have dust around but I can still apply the protector perfectly without any dust. I can look under any light at any angle and no specs of dust.

Fact is fact. Just because you can't do something properly doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    05-12-2014 01:40 AM
    i just put a Hellium tempered screen protector on my GS5 today and I love it compared to ishieldz, zagg ect, its very thin, very easy to install, just lay it on and it's self adhesive, no bubbles and so thin, it's excellent for the finger print scanner, and i got it on sale @ The Source for $16, regular $23 in Canada
    07-31-2014 09:39 PM
    I don't use screen protectors or cases. I have been using my completely naked S3 for over two years now and there isn't even a single hairline scratch on either the screen or the chassis. It looks just like the day I got it. When I get my S5 in a few weeks, I won't get a screen protector or case for it either. It's not that I don't see the merit in protection; it's just that I really like my phones to be just like they were off the assembly line and I have always been miraculously good at keeping them in tip top shape. I may change my tune if I ever suffer from a disastrous drop *knocks on wood*, but until that day it's nude city, baby.
    07-31-2014 10:00 PM
    I just use my Otterbox Defender case, that's all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    07-31-2014 10:13 PM
    I'm using a tempered glass screen protector and I love it!! Surprisingly I put it on perfectly, no dust or bubbles.
    07-31-2014 10:13 PM
    I'm using a tempered screen protector and I actually like it.

Posted from my S5
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-01-2014 02:53 PM
    I find them absolutely pointless.
    My s5 amongst other phones have gone through hell and back, and my s5 is the only phone that shattered something, the camera protector whilst using a case...so, no. If the screen shatters...so what? It's only a screen, and yes it would be pricy, but in my opinion, I look at it this way...natural selection, if the phone screen shatters after a fall, it didn't cut the mustard..bye bye. Buy a new screen, end of story.

jaleesag88 likes this.
    08-02-2014 03:08 AM
    I find them absolutely pointless.
    My s5 amongst other phones have gone through hell and back, and my s5 is the only phone that shattered something, the camera protector whilst using a case...so, no. If the screen shatters...so what? It's only a screen, and yes it would be pricy, but in my opinion, I look at it this way...natural selection, if the phone screen shatters after a fall, it didn't cut the mustard..bye bye. Buy a new screen, end of story.

Haha you realize the strongest and fittest screens don't pass on their genes to the next generation of smartphones right? But seriously, I have a tempered glass protector and I'm very happy with it. It cost me $10, I can't even tell it's there, it's going to prevent scratches (and maybe shattering) and hopefully get me more money when I eventually sell the phone because the screen will be in like-new condition. I'm not made of money, it's far from pointless.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-02-2014 08:00 AM
    I always use a screen protector that's one of the first things I buy when I get a new phone along with a case

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-02-2014 08:05 AM
    I had never really kept a screen protector on my phone before. I have bought them in the past but there were always problems. Either it looked horrible because if bubbles or peeling. Or the clarity was bad. Or the protector started to peel or discolor. But then the glass screen protectors came out and I decided to try them. I had just bought my Note 3 and I didn't want anything to happen to the screen. So I got the Zagg Glass screen protector and the guy at Best Buy put it on perfectly and it looks perfect. It feels like the regular screen and you don't notice it at all. It was expensive. But it has been well worth it. Now I know that my screen will not get damaged. And it has a lifetime guarantee.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.
    How much did BB charge your to install the protector on your phone, if ya dont mind me asking?
    08-02-2014 10:26 AM
    I use the Verizon glass cover I think it is the way to go you'll get no bubbles or scratches it's really solid even though they charged me 30 bucks :/

08-02-2014 10:31 AM
    Haha you realize the strongest and fittest screens don't pass on their genes to the next generation of smartphones right? But seriously, I have a tempered glass protector and I'm very happy with it. It cost me $10, I can't even tell it's there, it's going to prevent scratches (and maybe shattering) and hopefully get me more money when I eventually sell the phone because the screen will be in like-new condition. I'm not made of money, it's far from pointless.
    Neither am I really. But I really just don't like screen protectors. As none of my screens ever had a scratch on them.

But I might give these new protectors a run for their moneu...who knows.

08-02-2014 06:18 PM
    Neither am I really. But I really just don't like screen protectors. As none of my screens ever had a scratch on them.

But I might give these new protectors a run for their moneu...who knows.

Well I really do recommend the tempered glass ones. I was also very anti-screen protector before I got my S5. I didn't know tempered glass protectors even existed until then and hated the plastic/film ones. The glass ones really do feel just like the original screen though and are crystal clear. I wouldn't be using one otherwise.
    ffejjj and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-02-2014 06:30 PM
    Well I really do recommend the tempered glass ones. I was also very anti-screen protector before I got my S5. I didn't know tempered glass protectors even existed until then and hated the plastic/film ones. The glass ones really do feel just like the original screen though and are crystal clear. I wouldn't be using one otherwise.
    ^^^same^^^

08-02-2014 06:32 PM
84 1234