How Many Of You Use A Screen Protector?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Im using a tempered glass protector which is pretty damn good! I can never go without some protection for my phone, be it a case and a screen protector

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What about TPU cases and glass screen protectors? Using the Nexus 5 for example they would not fit together. Kept peeling off on the corners.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector. I have tried them and I don?t like them. I can see and feel the difference. That said, I have never scratched a screen. I do usually use cases though, because the environment in which I work is not always hospitable, and I have had a few smartphones fall, and the case prevented damage. I trust Gorilla Glass. I realize that screens are rather hard to scratch under normal circumstances.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree a good case is a must but a screen protector I hear that you don't need one and others say you do which make me nervous wreak going out with my phone. I would not mind using one if they were not impossible to put on evenly without dust particles getting stuck underneath. I tried the steamy shower and scotch tape method which never works as can never install them right so I end up tearing them off because the screen looks terrible especially those small dot dust particles you can really see when you view a website like these. They are just as bad as a dead pixel as your eyes are glued to them. Then I rip the screen protector off try to remove it making it worse which I end up just throwing it away.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to use the tempered glass screen protectors or just a decent screen protector period until I had my s4. I had a Spigen tempered glass (so a good $30-ish), it took one fall...maybe a foot off the ground onto carpet and it shattered. The screen protector and my phone. After that, I haven't really cared. I haven't noticed any scratches on my phones since then (my replacement s4, Moto X, iPhone 5s, Note 2, and now my Galaxy s5). So I guess to answer your question, no I don't use a screen protector anymore lol.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Have the Spigen glas on my Note 3 and my S5. You'll be pleased. The S5 one is super thin. Makes the thumb swipe to unlock flawless. Enjoy!

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

i agree...the glass screen protectors make the fingerprint unlock easier since it raises up ure fingers slightly

however, i never used a screen protector on my s2, s3, and s4......and i never had a scratch......but this is also because i used the crappy original zagg on my htc evo and hated it and swore off because i didn't know about the glass

when i got the s5, i wasn't going to use one, but a best buy rep showed me the zagg glass and i fell in love...I didn't even know they existed and thought they were still the same crappy plastic/rubber ones

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to use a screen protector in my line of work. Fine stone grit is all over me and my hands a lot during the work week. My phone screen would be destroyed by scratches in a month or less if I didn't use a protector. I also ride my Dual Sport motorcycle to work & on weekends a lot & my phone bounces around in my backpack especially when riding offroad. Sometimes I think people forget not everyone works in an office & some of us play hard too! Me & all of my friends have cases & screen protectors on our phones. It's necessary for their survival!

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree a good case is a must but a screen protector I hear that you don't need one and others say you do which make me nervous wreak going out with my phone. I would not mind using one if they were not impossible to put on evenly without dust particles getting stuck underneath. I tried the steamy shower and scotch tape method which never works as can never install them right so I end up tearing them off because the screen looks terrible especially those small dot dust particles you can really see when you view a website like these. They are just as bad as a dead pixel as your eyes are glued to them. Then I rip the screen protector off try to remove it making it worse which I end up just throwing it away.
You obviously haven't learned how to do it. The last 4 protectors I put on, went on perfectly. You can't even tell it's on there.

I start off by wiping the area such as a counter top or kitchen island with a wet paper towel. Wash hands and arms. Wipe phone off away from the area you are going to do it at. Use the hinge method. Never have a problem.

Those who say screen protectors are snake oil should have their head examined. I've seen plenty of scratched screens because they were being "cool", and don't need them. If someone doesn't like to use them, fine, it's your choice. But don't spout BS and say they're useless. A case and screen protector allows me to say "mint condition/like new" when it's time to sell it. Human hands have never even touched the back of the phone, or even the screen. I grabbed it by the sides when I took it out of the box, put on a screen protector, and into a case. It will still look brand new 9 months from now when I go to sell it.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
any thought on a screen protector aiding in preventing cracked screens when the phone is dropped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
You obviously haven't learned how to do it. The last 4 protectors I put on, went on perfectly. You can't even tell it's on there.
I start off by wiping the area such as a counter top or kitchen island with a wet paper towel. Wash hands and arms. Wipe phone off away from the area you are going to do it at. Use the hinge method. Never have a problem.
Well I have a lot of dust where I live and I am not joking. I wipe my stuff down the next day it is full of dust. I tried many different places to install screen protectors and I get dust all over so the bathroom is the least dusty place yet dust still gets there too. I use the steamy shower method but it still does not get rid of the dust even though I keep trying. I installed screen protectors for three iPod Touches, a Nano, a Kindle Fire HDX (returned) a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet (the only one I got on perfectly without any dust) and a Nexus 5 and most of them had dust underneight it.

I did wash one of the screen protectors I threw away on Friday and dust was under it so I used dish washing soap and got most of it out except for too dust particles so I do have a screen protector on it now hence not perfect but I can live with it.

Oliver Telfor

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I have a lot of dust where I live and I am not joking. I wipe my stuff down the next day it is full of dust. I tried many different places to install screen protectors and I get dust all over so the bathroom is the least dusty place yet dust still gets there too. I use the steamy shower method but it still does not get rid of the dust even though I keep trying. I installed screen protectors for three iPod Touches, a Nano, a Kindle Fire HDX (returned) a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet (the only one I got on perfectly without any dust) and a Nexus 5 and most of them had dust underneight it.

I did wash one of the screen protectors I threw away on Friday and dust was under it so I used dish washing soap and got most of it out except for too dust particles so I do have a screen protector on it now hence not perfect but I can live with it.

What screen protector was it? By the sounds of it it doesn't sound like it was a good one. Maybe that's the reason for your bad experience?

Wlctttrue

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not use a screen protector. A few scratches don't bother me. Its only when the shattered glass cuts my fingers that it bothers me.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I do not use a screen protector. A few scratches don't bother me. Its only when the shattered glass cuts my fingers that it bothers me.

I guess that's OK if you plan on keeping it for a long time, just don't plan on getting top $$$ if you are going to sell it. Even 1 minor scratch can bring down the value significantly.

For me, even a very minor scratch would do nothing but rent space in my head as long as I owned it. Therefore, it's essential for my mental health to keep the phone 100% perfect. :p

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried. Probably tried 4 different brands over the years, and I guess I just don't have the nimble dexterity to do it right. There's always a bubble, usually from a piece of dust or a dent or something and it ends up annoying me or whatever.

I applied a Zagg one onto my wife's (I keep mine in my pocket and alone, but I can see the argument for needing one in a purse) and agonized over it for 20 minutes and sprayed it down and was really careful and still ended up with a dent about a half inch from the corner.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I use a glass one that I really like, the screen looks just as beautiful with it on and it just lets me feel like i dont have to be as careful with the screen, for example I put a pound coin on it today all day for no real reason, then i tried to scratch it with the coin and it did not scratch :)

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I also use a Bumper case made of aluminium. Does anyone know where the antenna and wifi antenna are? it seems like i have better reception when i take case off

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess that's OK if you plan on keeping it for a long time, just don't plan on getting top $$$ if you are going to sell it. Even 1 minor scratch can bring down the value significantly.

For me, even a very minor scratch would do nothing but rent space in my head as long as I owned it. Therefore, it's essential for my mental health to keep the phone 100% perfect. :p

I disagree, I've sold phones with minor scratches on Craigslist and still got top dollar

-Sent from Tapatalk

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes have had a Zagg HD on my S3 since day one and my phone is as pristine as it was on day 1. Also a Acase Superleggera case.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670