What Kind Of Case Do You Use For Your Galaxy S5?

txhepcatz

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Defender...has a plastic screen protector built in....I swear by them as I am in a construction related field and my phones generally get dropped or abused and the defender has NEVER failed me. I went through three of them during my iPhone ownership.

Posted via Android Central App

samiams5

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Funny to me that people buy a case After they drop their phone. Had a case on my S5 day one, you just never know when your going to drop it or it just falls out of your pocket. I use to carry my flip phone in my shirt pocket, would forget, bend over to pick something up, there she goes. I never actually dropped it out of my hand. Of course, the flip phone was free, I had to pay for my S5, and for what it cost, I'm going to protect it as much as I can.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Pelican Progear Voyager. I have been using the Otterbox Defender for several years and was reaching for one when the sales associate showed me this one. It has a screen protector that fits so snug against the screen that I have never had to take the case off to clean it as I did with the Defender. It also comes with the belt clip and costs the same as the Defender. The best part is that it is a lot less bulky than the Otterbox.

qckslvrsiete

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I like to keep my phones caseless unless they're known for being particularly fragile (Nexus 5), so I don't currently have a case on my S5. I have however been considering adding a tempered glass screen protector. Anyone have any comments/experience on the amount of protection a tempered glass screen protector adds to an otherwise naked phone?

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at the Spigen Air Cushion Slim Armor case and was wondering if anyone knows if it would interfere with wireless charging (with a battery card not with the wireless back cover).
Thanks in Advance...

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I like to keep my phones caseless unless they're known for being particularly fragile (Nexus 5), so I don't currently have a case on my S5. I have however been considering adding a tempered glass screen protector. Anyone have any comments/experience on the amount of protection a tempered glass screen protector adds to an otherwise naked phone?

I dont normally go caseless. But when i got the phone it was kind of a spur of the moment purchase. Didn't have the spare cash to get the case i wanted, when i did have the money it was ordered. Should have it tomorrow.

kitersin

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Let me start by saying I LOVE Otterbox cases. I have had one on every phone I've had for the last 5 years. No compromise. I love not having to worry about anything. When I got my S5, I just felt like adding and Otterbox would make it too bulky so I opted not to....

At first I was using a basic snap on case... unfortunately, it only covered the sides and left the top, bottom and face all unprotected. Well, gotta love murphy's law... Someone was holding my phone, dropped it and nicked all of the unprotected edges. I was quite unhappy.

Obviously the next day I went out and got my Otterbox and don't worry about anything anymore. It was kind of bulky at first, but after using it for a day or two, I don't even notice. Plus, it's hot pink! (=

I've got the same case. :)

Attachments

• 20140530_114222.jpg
    20140530_114222.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 50

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
UAG, been using them for years. Dropped my phone yesterday trying to carry to many things in at once getting out of my truck . It landed directly on a corner, bounced about a foot off the ground, then slid under my other car. Not a scratch. If the phone was naked that corner shot would of been brutal.

Mattroid

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case, $9.99 on amazon

Dropped my phone on the ground last night, not a scratch.
This. I also had a Diztronic case on my S2 Skyrocket and dropped it at least a few times. Never a scratch or crack and it's slim enough to not be bulky and keep the phone looking sexy. I combine it with one of these belt cases. No screen protector here - with Gorilla Glass, I don't see the need at all.

My wife swears by Otter Box, but those are too bulky for me personally. She also works in a place where she's more likely to drop or smash her phone than I am.

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Im using a Outterbox Defender, thats what i used on all my previous iPhones, this is my first Android product, Loving my S5 so far, alot to get used to.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the UAG ice colored case with the cheap screen protector it came with. I have an Otterbox Symmetry case and a pack of Anker Tempered Glass screen protectors on the way

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513